ADVERTISEMENT

Senter

New Logo

mug.jpg

No. But after going through the Price hiring that made me shat my pants with delight, the Floyd hiring that me happily do #2 again in my calcones with glee and then the Kug hiring that made me reflect "Well then? Nord? Nope. Price? Nope. Kugler? Eh, why not?! 3rd time's a charm!" I said never again.

What are the plans with Sun Bowl Stadium? Senter said something about it being old and it needs work.

Concrete doesn't last forever. I can personally give testimony for the outdated electrical. It's needs modernized. The gauge is too low in some booths, I don't know about all of them. The press box is old but did get an external face lift when Price got here. UT System eminent domain'ed the place, they need to fix it up.

Really??

Would NMSU share?

I think in 2018 you can renovate a stadium without having to shut it down for a year. Notre Dame didn’t play games in Chicago when they expanded. I’m sure they will get the bulk of the renovations done in the off season. Stuff like the restrooms and concourses won’t be year long fixes.

If we built a new stadium on a non-ancient burial ground, maybe we'd win more or nah?.

I believe I-10 around Concordia Cemetery goes over some old bones. Seriously, I'm not kidding. EPCC Northeast is on ancient native land. Heck, the Tiguas claim El Paso County their's and rightly so. If you bought a house within El Paso the past thirty years look on your "Warranty Deed". Their claim is on there.

With that being said, build the stadium where ever in El Paso.....it wouldn't matter if an atheist or a descendent of Joseph Smith.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
81-50

Dear Jim,
I know you must be in the midst of sleepless nights worrying about fixing this broken program. I never thought our basketball program would be competing with the "always" pathetic football program to see which is worst, but that's what we've got.
Can potential coaching candidates be approached at this point of an existing season about their interest in the job? If so, I'm certain you have made some inquiries and hopefully you've received some inquiries. It would be a great opportunity for a miracle worker.

Nobody is going to leave their current team mid-season and be responsible for this team. Who would take the losses for players they didn't recruit and would be on their 3rd coach in 1 season?

The new coach will be hired after the season. Period.

Nobody is going to leave their current team mid-season and be responsible for this team. Who would take the losses for players they didn't recruit and would be on their 3rd coach in 1 season?

The new coach will be hired after the season. Period.
My rant says nothing about a coach leaving another program and joining UTEP. It only asks about communicating with a coach during the season to discuss " next" season.

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
What good does that do? If Senter has a candidate locked in and at the end of the season, Colorado, SMU or Rutgers job comes open and offers more money, is that candidate going to stay loyal to Senter because he was talking to him 2 months before? No. Senter has more pressing issues then talking to coachs about next season.

Plenty of people will be interested. Just let this season pass and see how it plays out.

What good does that do? If Senter has a candidate locked in and at the end of the season, Colorado, SMU or Rutgers job comes open and offers more money, is that candidate going to stay loyal to Senter because he was talking to him 2 months before? No. Senter has more pressing issues then talking to coachs about next season.

Plenty of people will be interested. Just let this season pass and see how it plays out.

What good does that do?
The sooner a candidate is considered or a deal is made for a new coach the better the chances of retaining any carryovers from this year's team or what's left of the commitments as well as recruiting for next year.
As far as more pressing issues; this has to be his no.1 priority now that the football coach and recruiting is ongoing.

Jim Senter‏@JimSenter2
New bowl lineups and affiliations by conference are under negotiations during 2018 and CUSA is well positioned to capture quality matchups! UTEP Football win the regular season and enjoy a bowl game atmosphere in 2018! Go Miners! #EPMAD

Senter is not playing around. He is going after some big names.
I hope he lands one of them.

Reactions: M i n e r
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT