MI VIP
Sep 11, 2018
El Paso, TX

FE8y.gif

"Southwest University Park lifts mask mandate for Chihuahuas, Locomotive games
Jim Parker
Published 12:27 PM EDT
Updated 12:27 PM EDT

EL PASO, Texas – Southwest University Park announced Wednesday that facial coverings would no longer be required at El Paso Chihuahuas baseball games and El Paso Locomotive FC soccer matches for fans who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.

Facial coverings were still being recommended for those who are not vaccinated, park officials said. They added that hand sanitizer stations would remain at the stadium, which undergoes cleaning and sanitizing before and after events.

Southwest University Park also said it planned to continue operating as a cashless venue for concessions and other purchases as a Covid precaution. The facility also was keeping in effect its policy only allowing clear bags through the security checkpoint.

The lifting of the mask requirement will first be in effect for the Locomotive match against the Rio Grande Valley on May 22 and the Chihuahuas versus Oklahoma City game on May 27."

Source:KVIA.com

"Southwest University Park lifts mask mandate for Chihuahuas, Locomotive games
Jim Parker
Published 12:27 PM EDT
Updated 12:27 PM EDT

EL PASO, Texas – Southwest University Park announced Wednesday that facial coverings would no longer be required at El Paso Chihuahuas baseball games and El Paso Locomotive FC soccer matches for fans who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.

Facial coverings were still being recommended for those who are not vaccinated, park officials said. They added that hand sanitizer stations would remain at the stadium, which undergoes cleaning and sanitizing before and after events.

Southwest University Park also said it planned to continue operating as a cashless venue for concessions and other purchases as a Covid precaution. The facility also was keeping in effect its policy only allowing clear bags through the security checkpoint.

The lifting of the mask requirement will first be in effect for the Locomotive match against the Rio Grande Valley on May 22 and the Chihuahuas versus Oklahoma City game on May 27."

Source:KVIA.com
So are they requiring proof of vaccination?

Kappy has it right. For the naysayers, continue wearing your mask or stay home. Let the rest of us start living our lives.

What you need to remember is that a mask protects others from you. Not you from others. Mask up, live your life. Easy.

Reactions: Hot For Keitha
Because you can still carry the virus and transmit it to others..

Yup. The vaccine doesn't prevent one from getting Covid-19. It just helps to minimize how sick you get and keeps you from dying from it.

I've had Covid-19. This past January. And I received the vaccination in April. And I still wear a mask. Guess how much of my life has been impacted by wearing a mask. ZERO. I live my life as fully as I care to. I go where I want when I want. I do whatever it is I want to do and everything I need to do. And I wear a mask.

It's. No. Big. Deal. To. Wear. A. Mask.

And it helps save lives.

Yup. The vaccine doesn't prevent one from getting Covid-19. It just helps to minimize how sick you get and keeps you from dying from it.

I've had Covid-19. This past January. And I received the vaccination in April. And I still wear a mask. Guess how much of my life has been impacted by wearing a mask. ZERO. I live my life as fully as I care to. I go where I want when I want. I do whatever it is I want to do and everything I need to do. And I wear a mask.

It's. No. Big. Deal. To. Wear. A. Mask.

And it helps save lives.
Myth:
https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/6-myths-about-covid-19-vaccines-debunked

The most convincing evidence, though, is just starting to emerge among real-world data. In Israel, where more than 90% of those age 60 and over have been vaccinated, “cases have plummeted in this population,” Gandhi notes. “Not just hospitalizations, which we expected, but cases [asymptomatic infection] as well.” Moreover, data from vaccinated health care workers recently published in the Lancet and preprint servers show reduced rates of asymptomatic infection and low viral loads in the nose when swabbing after vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0329-COVID-19-Vaccines.html

Results showed that following the second dose of vaccine (the recommended number of doses), risk of infection was reduced by 90 percent two or more weeks after vaccination. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by 80 percent two or more weeks after vaccination.

The CDC has relaxed mask-wearing guidelines for the fully vaccinated and for an outdoor setting like SUP, the risk of spread is already lower. But you can pat yourself on the back and feel real good about yourself for wearing a mask outdoors around vaccinated people.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.

Last edited:
Myth:

The CDC has relaxed mask-wearing guidelines for the fully vaccinated and for an outdoor setting like SUP, the risk of spread is already lower. But you can pat yourself on the back and feel real good about yourself for wearing a mask outdoors around vaccinated people.

I agree completely that it is safe for those who have been vaccinated to go around outdoors without a mask. The latest CDC guidance says so. What I do not like, and I'm sure others are the same way, is allowing a mask free policy based on the honor system, as we know many anti-maskers will just lie in order to avoid wearing masks. What I, and I'm sure others, don't understand is the resistance to wearing masks, especially the statements that it violated people's rights, this past year. There are other parts of the body that we are required to cover in society, and most don't feel that to be a violation of their rights. But ask people to wear a mask to help society combat a deadly pandemic, and you're taking away their freedom. I just don't get it.

Not sure why this has to be an issue.

If you see someone wearing a mask and you don’t like it, keep those thoughts to yourself.

If you see someone not wearing a mask and you don’t like it, keep those thoughts to yourself.

How does someone wearing a mask change any part of your day?

Reactions: Dmanminer
Myth:

All of you links are correct, but you asked the question "And if you are vaccinated, why do you need to protect others from you?"

The answer is that you can still be a carrier and transmit the virus to others that may not be vaccinated. Unless you are around others that are fully vaccinated, then you should wear a mask. Obviously it up to you unless mandated, but nowhere in your links does it say otherwise?

I agree completely that it is safe for those who have been vaccinated to go around outdoors without a mask. The latest CDC guidance says so. What I do not like, and I'm sure others are the same way, is allowing a mask free policy based on the honor system, as we know many anti-maskers will just lie in order to avoid wearing masks. What I, and I'm sure others, don't understand is the resistance to wearing masks, especially the statements that it violated people's rights, this past year. There are other parts of the body that we are required to cover in society, and most don't feel that to be a violation of their rights. But ask people to wear a mask to help society combat a deadly pandemic, and you're taking away their freedom. I just don't get it.

Good post. It just goes back to the President. You can’t have an opinion that differs from someone else. Then you have “conspiracy” people that believe everything they read, no matter how ridiculous it is to an intelligent person.

All of you links are correct, but you asked the question "And if you are vaccinated, why do you need to protect others from you?"

The answer is that you can still be a carrier and transmit the virus to others that may not be vaccinated. Unless you are around others that are fully vaccinated, then you should wear a mask. Obviously it up to you unless mandated, but nowhere in your links does it say otherwise?
The risk of infection to those vaccinated is greatly reduced, by 90%, such that the CDC has relaxed the mask guidelines, as one of my links outright stated:

Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
For the time being, I actually am still wearing a mask, because in Illinois, until the last month, people were having difficulty getting the vaccine.

But there will come a time, very soon, when everybody has had ample opportunity to get the vaccine, and I can't continue to live my life in deference to those who have the opportunity to get vaccinated but choose not to do so. I have been vaccinated and my risk of carrying the infection is greatly reduced.

The risk of infection to those vaccinated is greatly reduced, by 90%, such that the CDC has relaxed the mask guidelines, as one of my links outright stated:

For the time being, I actually am still wearing a mask, because in Illinois, until the last month, people were having difficulty getting the vaccine.

But there will come a time, very soon, when everybody has had ample opportunity to get the vaccine, and I can't continue to live my life in deference to those who have the opportunity to get vaccinated but choose not to do so. I have been vaccinated and my risk of carrying the infection is greatly reduced.
That sounds fair enough. We will definitely get to that point soon.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
You shouldn't have to wear a mask if you're vaccinated. It is very effective at preventing transmission. Not 100% but the survival rate is almost 100% whether you are vaccinated or not.

And you shouldn't have to prove you are vaccinated to anyone. If you're afraid stay home or stay away.

You shouldn't have to wear a mask if you're vaccinated. It is very effective at preventing transmission. Not 100% but the survival rate is almost 100% whether you are vaccinated or not.

And you shouldn't have to prove you are vaccinated to anyone. If you're afraid stay home or stay away.
This. Nobody is going to check or have you show them a vaccination card. Don’t like the policies of a certain place, don’t go there. It’s that simple.

I like the mask, people can't tell if you've had a quick drink, but other than that, I'm fully vaccinated, all my family is fully vaccinated, and the majority of my friends have had at least one dose. IDGAF if you wear a mask or not, if you haven't gotten at least one dose by now, that's your own damn fault. I ain't going to feel guilty if someone gets it.

I like the mask, people can't tell if you've had a quick drink, but other than that, I'm fully vaccinated, all my family is fully vaccinated, and the majority of my friends have had at least one dose. IDGAF if you wear a mask or not, if you haven't gotten at least one dose by now, that's your own damn fault. I ain't going to feel guilty if someone gets it.
I like the mask because I don't like to breathe other people's exhaust. It was nice while it lasted, Goodbye mask.

Just finished walking the Asbury Park Board Walk (their beach park) in Jersey. Half masked, half not. Nalgas not included in final count.

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Does anyone know if Cody Bellinger will be playing against the Chihuahuas tomorrow?

Chihuahuas issued a press release today about Saturday's game selling out. While they mentioned two former Chihuahuas making their return in Dodger uniforms, there was no mention of Cody Bellinger. You would think the Chihuahuas would be promoting the heck out of this. The Dodgers do being a six game home stand on Thursday. If there was a time to bring back Bellinger to LA, this would probably be it.

Chihuahuas issued a press release today about Saturday's game selling out. While they mentioned two former Chihuahuas making their return in Dodger uniforms, there was no mention of Cody Bellinger. You would think the Chihuahuas would be promoting the heck out of this. The Dodgers do being a six game home stand on Thursday. If there was a time to bring back Bellinger to LA, this would probably be it.

All I could find is that the Dodgers are optimistic about Bellinger and 2 oyhers returning this weekend. But not sure if that includes Thursday. When Albuquerque was in town they had 3 players on Rehab.

Over/Under two fights in the stands!?
These Astros/Dodgers fan brawls are out of control! If Bellinger shows up, will it bring the rowdies?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT