ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestions for the DHC next year

Feb 28, 2015
How bout offering a more variety of food options and changing the way they make those hot dogs. I'm sorry but they gotta switch to ballpark franks and not the ones they currently make. They just taste nasty :/ Also why can't they bring back the fan gimmicks such as the blimp which drops money on the fans and the pizza/burrito man. Can't go wrong with free Food! And the last thing is UTEP has gotta do a better job on bringing halftime entertainment rather the same routine that the golddiggers/cheerleaders put on. What happened to bringing the quickchange duo, the nba mascots, the half court shot contests, etc. Come on Man, you guys can do better!

I rarely eat at the games, but if I do I go to Delicious- it's the best value there.

Halftime was very boring this year. A number of times nothing was going on.

Also, I think bringing in the former players every game has to go. I like bringing in former players a few times a year, but it doesn't make sense to bring somebody in every week.

They also need to do some giveaway items. NMSU had a giveaway and promotion every game and even gave away Lou Henson bobbleheads.

UTEP needs to step up and do better, but I'm not holding my breath.

The marketing department is a political pile of junk at UTEP with no imagination. Stull is complacent and unimaginative at this point. There are a hundred schools to learn from and we don't even seem to try. Remember, small plastic cups on the 100 anniversary of UTEP?

Oh Gawd! If that's what concerns you, then watch the games on tv! This is Div1 basketball, far better than the NBA or the NFL. Is not a night club or a bar! Geeesh! Imo!

I haven't tried the hot dogs, but I would suggest Nathans. yum. I do like the burritos from delicious, but the price is high for what you get. $4 for all burritos, including the BEAN burrito...please!...I still go there a lot. lol

What happened to the other kiosks they had? Churros anyone?

El Paso LOVES free....free anything....(ask Jim Paul) There are plenty of local companies that would do free giveaways. Mattress Firm gave away T shirts for Breast cancer...to EVERYONE. Nice. Contact a local company and see what can be worked out. Free stuff draws more families.

Halftime is now just a race to the restroom and grab a final beer. I liked honoring Miner legends, but I'm sorry, not everyone that played here was a legend even though they were great people. To bring in someone every week takes the sparkle off of it. IMHO. I would even like watching the little kids showing basketball skills, local dance groups, local singers, strange acts, or anything else aside from watching the kids use the dust mop the entire halftime.

And since we are discussing improvements, can we have someone check the restrooms occasionally during the games? holy crap we destroy them!

The groups that run concessions do a pretty good job overall, but I like the consistency angle. There was a group of folks that ran my usually booth between sections S and T. They had a system, worked well, and served people pretty fast. The last few games they weren't there and I was told they were switching things around. bleh....

I'm sure I could complain about some other things, but it's too early in the morning.
roll.r191677.gif

I can't wait till tomorrow....damn up and down season is killin me!

Always stay open to new ideas as far as vending goes, however, the halftime show are months of hard work by the student gold diggers and dancers. The only problem is keeping a good director for music and choreography activities. The good ones leave for greener pastures like the great band director UTEP had three or four years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT