ADVERTISEMENT

The New CUSA 7.... 6 have Baseball.

Cusa had one of the strongest baseball leagues and we never added that sport. Don't think it happens now either.

What men's program will you eliminate to comply with Title IX regulations?
NMSU and UTSA both have smaller athletic budgets yet they both field baseball and other sports. Where is UTEPs $ going? I suspect it goes to something far more important, bloated administrative salaries.

Reactions: JCorona
NMSU and UTSA both have smaller athletic budgets yet they both field baseball and other sports. Where is UTEPs $ going? I suspect it goes to something far more important, bloated administrative salaries.

According to this article "No program in Conference USA receives a worse return on their athletics investment than UTEP."

How else are we going to afford all those vice president positions?

Reactions: Lil_Train
Well, track and field is certainly part of the equation.

The stadium belongs to the City. I'm sure they could strike a deal.

The City and UTEP working together? 😂

1reujg.jpg

Reactions: elpasoeagle
Good God.... no, UTEP is not adding baseball. This would be a financial money pit. There is no baseball stadium on campus to play in and playing at Southwest University Park would only result in more money loss due to paying to use the field and balancing the schedule around the teams already there.

Then there's Title IX and the fact that adding a women's sport to equal the scholarships would result in a bigger hole.

The baseball team formerly here never had a winning record in conference in its history. You could also go to a game and see more players than fans at every game.

They have baseball. We have track

They have swimming and diving. We have tennis and rifle.

That's about it.
Rifle is in a conference with Alaska Fairbanks and Ohio State which certainly hurts the ROI from spending mentioned earlier in this thread. Baseball would be great, especially with the talent and history here in El Paso, but UTEP should establish itself in its current sports before adding new ones. I’d hate to see the athletic department worn too thin.

Good God.... no, UTEP is not adding baseball. This would be a financial money pit. There is no baseball stadium on campus to play in and playing at Southwest University Park would only result in more money loss due to paying to use the field and balancing the schedule around the teams already there.

Then there's Title IX and the fact that adding a women's sport to equal the scholarships would result in a bigger hole.

The baseball team formerly here never had a winning record in conference in its history. You could also go to a game and see more players than fans at every game.
You’re correct, but man we had fun hauling our keg into Dudley Field to watch them play and talk smack to BYU!

Rifle is in a conference with Alaska Fairbanks and Ohio State which certainly hurts the ROI from spending mentioned earlier in this thread. Baseball would be great, especially with the talent and history here in El Paso, but UTEP should establish itself in its current sports before adding new ones. I’d hate to see the athletic department worn too thin.
UTEP only fields a rifle team because they need enough women's scholarships to balance the men's scholarships to comply with Title IX. If UTEP adds a baseball team (or a soccer team, as some pine for), they would have to add even more women's sports to cover the scholarships.

Reactions: Cube Jack
UTEP only fields a rifle team because they need enough women's scholarships to balance the men's scholarships to comply with Title IX. If UTEP adds a baseball team (or a soccer team, as some pine for), they would have to add even more women's sports to cover the scholarships.
Exactly. ... and neither would produce any revenue

With all this "history" the UTEP baseball team never had a winning season in conference

Reactions: minerfan_14
Reactions: axingfools1
Go to their websites. Look at the baseball standings.
Without looking I will bet that they all have baseball teams. Its actually embarrassing that UTEP doesn't have a baseball team. When I look at the CUSA message boards, all the other fans act shocked that UTEP doesn't have a baseball team.

Without looking I will bet that they all have baseball teams. Its actually embarrassing that UTEP doesn't have a baseball team. When I look at the CUSA message boards, all the other fans act shocked that UTEP doesn't have a baseball team.
That’s because you’re an idiot. Mega rich SMU does not have a baseball team. Current CUSA school North Texas doesn’t have one either. Syracuse doesn’t have baseball.

I would bet actually nobody cares if UTEP has baseball or not. Including most UTEP fans.

That’s because you’re an idiot. Mega rich SMU does not have a baseball team. Current CUSA school North Texas doesn’t have one either. Syracuse doesn’t have baseball.

I would bet actually nobody cares if UTEP has baseball or not. Including most UTEP fans.
I dont follow college baseball so I didn't know. If UTEP had a team I would follow it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT