ADVERTISEMENT

The New CUSA 7.... 6 have Baseball.

Without looking I will bet that they all have baseball teams. Its actually embarrassing that UTEP doesn't have a baseball team. When I look at the CUSA message boards, all the other fans act shocked that UTEP doesn't have a baseball team.

It's embarrassing that UTEP hasn't won a bowl game since 1967, hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since 1992 and hasn't been to the NCAA Tournament since 2010.

It's also embarrassing that UTEP produced rings for the 2021 New Mexico Bowl and extended a coach who lost the last 5/6 games.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
It's embarrassing that UTEP hasn't won a bowl game since 1967, hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since 1992 and hasn't been to the NCAA Tournament since 2010.

It's also embarrassing that UTEP produced rings for the 2021 New Mexico Bowl and extended a coach who lost the last 5/6 games.
Denverutep...GFY!

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep

Yes, all of those are more embarrassing than not having a baseball team. Just like SMU and Syracuse don’t.

EPCC recruits El Paso heavily and they're not very good. NMSU is in the NCAA tournament and they don't recruit El Paso at all.

EPCC recruits El Paso heavily and they're not very good. NMSU is in the NCAA tournament and they don't recruit El Paso at all.
Yeah I saw they only have 2 players from Juarez. So why people say El Paso has good local talent??

If El Paso has good baseball talent, why isnt NMSU any good?
Even if El Paso does, doesn’t mean they will stay here. The best basketball talent leaves. The best football talent leaves. Why would baseball be any different? Not actually wanting you to answer this.

Aaron Jones only went to UTEP because Kugler “gave” Alvin a scholarship. If Texas Tech, Kansas, or any other legit school had given Alvin a scholarship, Aaron would have left too.

Reactions: kickballpro
Even if El Paso does, doesn’t mean they will stay here. The best basketball talent leaves. The best football talent leaves. Why would baseball be any different? Not actually wanting you to answer this.

Aaron Jones only went to UTEP because Kugler “gave” Alvin a scholarship. If Texas Tech, Kansas, or any other legit school had given Alvin a scholarship, Aaron would have left too.
Aaron Jones didn't have any P5 offers. I believe he only had three fbs offers: UTEP UNM and Air Force.

You may have more luck keeping local talent in baseball than basketball or football. Baseball is not a full scholarship sport. Five or six guys share each scholarship. In a poor city like El Paso kids may stay in town to play simply to save money. Like the other sports I certainly don't you could field a competitive team with local players alone.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT