ADVERTISEMENT

The olds are bailing on football

LA Tech has a tiny stadium, resulting in the games "looking" like they have bigger attendance. One thing they do have though is a loud and (drunk) involved student section though.

MTSU plays in what looks like a high school stadium and is still half empty.

I like the Alamo Bowl, especially since half the fans are cheering for UTEP.

Imagine throwing crowd smack when your own crowds look like this

https://krod.com/utep-football-defensive-report-card-charlotte/
UTEPFootballV.Charlotte49ers_11_09_2019_GabyVelasquez_ESPN600ElPaso-23.jpg

In the last five years UTEP has averaged 21,658. We’ve beat 8 fbs teams and have zero winning seasons or bowl appearances.

LT has averaged 21,868. They’ve won 43 games and 5 bowl games.

Imagine having the same attendance as one of the worst teams in the country. And then imagine a UTEP “fan” defending LT attendance. Lol.

LA Tech has a tiny stadium, resulting in the games "looking" like they have bigger attendance. One thing they do have though is a loud and (drunk) involved student section though.

MTSU plays in what looks like a high school stadium and is still half empty.

I like the Alamo Bowl, especially since half the fans are cheering for UTEP.
WKU is not much better but these programs rebuild and are right back in the hunt for the title within two years. WKU was in total rebuild mode 2 years ago with a new coach. They are now favored to win CUSA with many in all CUSA categories.

La. Tech is a single mother with 5 kids in a small ag town and somehow shows up for Sunday morning mimosas downtown looking like Elizabeth Hurley. They put together a good team.

La Tech's attendance is impressive when you take into account how rural Ruston is. It's about 70 miles from Shreveport. It's a very nice college town but a small town, pop. 20,000. Averaging 20,000 is a really nice accomplishment for them.

La Tech's attendance is impressive when you take into account how rural Ruston is. It's about 70 miles from Shreveport. It's a very nice college town but a small town, pop. 20,000. Averaging 20,000 is a really nice accomplishment for them.

There was allegedly 15,000 at that Charlotte game. That’s about 0.02% of EP’s 750,000 residents. Ruston barely has over 20,000 in population. Yeah, great job Miner fans!!!!!

So stating facts about a school’s attendance is now called “making fun” lol.

There was allegedly 15,000 at that Charlotte game. That’s about 0.02% of EP’s 750,000 residents. Ruston barely has over 20,000 in population. Yeah, great job Miner fans!!!!!
There was allegedly 8,000 for Charlotte vs their game against North Texas. That’s about .00 who cares of their 2.6 million metro population. And they went to a bowl game at 7-5.

I don’t know why you get so offended when we say true statements of other cusa teams. Is it cuz this a shit on UTEP only board? That’s the only time you don’t defend a team we are speaking of.

Reactions: picks up
I don’t know why you get so offended when we say true statements of other cusa teams. Is it cuz this a shit on UTEP only board? That’s the only time you don’t defend a team we are speaking of.
I was talking to someone yesterday and by pure chance this board came up in the conversation and he said pretty much the same damn thing. he's gonna get a little bit more aggressive now since his partner in crime has been "banned".

I really don't care about other schools and their attendance or stadiums. 1) I know if UTEP were a winner we would by far lead CUSA in attendance, and 2) if UTEP were a perennial winner or big time competitor we would not be in CUSA. Our problem is not our fans.

I was talking to someone yesterday and by pure chance this board came up in the conversation and he said pretty much the same damn thing. he's gonna get a little bit more aggressive now since his partner in crime has been "banned".

Okay buddy. Good to know me and the AutoBoy are brought up in your conversations!

I really don't care about other schools and their attendance or stadiums. 1) I know if UTEP were a winner we would by far lead CUSA in attendance, and 2) if UTEP were a perennial winner or big time competitor we would not be in CUSA. Our problem is not our fans.

That’s true. However, Miner fans shouldn’t be throwing stones at teams right now. That’s my point.

What stones? Lol. WKU, UAB, and LT have had a lot of success and doesn’t have the fans to back it up. That’s a fact. They average the same or less than 2-32 UTEP. Not a stone, a simple true statement. Some teams in our conference do have tiny stadiums that resemble hs stadiums. Another true statement. Like I said. Anything bad we say about UTEP not a peep defending them. Anything true we say about other teams and here comes the defender of truth.

What stones? Lol. WKU, UAB, and LT have had a lot of success and doesn’t have the fans to back it up. That’s a fact. They average the same or less than 2-32 UTEP. Not a stone, a simple true statement. Some teams in our conference do have tiny stadiums that resemble hs stadiums. Another true statement. Like I said. Anything bad we say about UTEP not a peep defending them. Anything true we say about other teams and here comes the defender of truth.

Which El Paso area high school stadiums “resemble” LaTech’s and Middle’s?

Yes sorry, Mr Superfan, go get some attendance banners hanged to make the rest of the fans feel good!

Which El Paso area high school stadiums “resemble” LaTech’s and Middle’s?

Yes sorry, Mr Superfan, go get some attendance banners hanged to make the rest of the fans feel good!
Why does it have to be an EP hs stadium? That’s not what Cube said.

Ok Mr Super Negative fan sorry for pointing out the fact that dead last place UTEP draws the same or more as other programs in our conference that win championships and bowl games. I’ll stick to shitting on UTEP as to not irk you.

Why doesit have to be an EP hs stadium? That’s not what Cube said.

Ok Mr Super Negative fan sorry for pointing out the fact that dead last place UTEP draws the same or more as other programs in our conference that win championships and bowl games. I’ll stick to shitting on UTEP as to not irk you.

what high school stadiums, in other cities look like theirs then?

what high school stadiums, in other cities look like theirs then?
There’s actually hs stadiums that look nicer and cost almost triple the amount to build. The top 2 I can think of without googling is Eagle Stadium and Legacy Stadium.

There’s actually hs stadiums that look nicer and cost almost triple the amount to build. The top 2 I can think of without googling is Eagle Stadium and Legacy Stadium.

LaTech’s stadium was built in 1968, big surprise something built more recently is 3x more expensive.

Wow, 2 stadiums built in the last 10 years and located in super wealthy Texas cities are “nicer” than 2 old stadiums in rural Tennessee and Louisiana!

LaTech’s stadium was built in 1968, big surprise something built more recently is 3x more expensive.

Wow, 2 stadiums built in the last 10 years and located in super wealthy Texas cities are “nicer” than 2 old stadiums in rural Tennessee and Louisiana!
I can google and come up with a lot more examples.

Edit: after a two second google search look what came up.

https://www.espn.com/highschool/rise/football/news/story?id=3653316

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/2BVcr...l-football-stadiums-to-see-before-you-die.htm

The point still stands. There are hs stadiums that are nicer than some stadiums in our conference.

No stones thrown. I don’t expect you to accept that you’re crying over something so stupid and true.

I can google and come up with a lot more examples.

Edit: after a two second google search look what came up.

https://www.espn.com/highschool/rise/football/news/story?id=3653316

The point still stands. There are hs stadiums that are nicer than some stadiums in our conference.

No stones thrown. I don’t expect you to accept that you’re crying over something so stupid and true.

Yeah got me there. The outliers in America hold up the point of “nicer HS stadiums”

It’s a message board. Not a court of law. We can diss other schools even if UTEP has similar flaws. We can ask questions here that are somewhere else answered on the internet. We can predict a player will be great - and be wrong. There’s nothing wrong with this board being fun. It’s great seeing more than three threads being active.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT