ADVERTISEMENT

Totally OT: Dear ODU....

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
As another year for men's major revenue sports comes to a close this year with the start of March Madness and many of you will hit the sports domain sites (like you all do every spring and summer) pleading your case how membership into a major conference (mainly ACC) should be considered because of some ODU manifest destiny you all concocted in your minds, please remember.........win something!

I'll be pulling for ya'll for the next few days.

Carry on....

Okay then...
ODU bows out again.

They want a major conference invite like an eastern European model wants a one percent American sugar daddy.

Win some titles people and do your time. Top Tier on university resume goes a long way, too.

ODU bows out again.

They want a major conference invite like an eastern European model wants a one percent American sugar daddy.

Win some titles people and do your time. Top Tier on university resume goes a long way, too.

They're a great academic school, in C-USA second only to Rice. I think the ACC is pipe dream but I love their ambition. I wish UTEP was as ambitious instead of embracing a minor league philosophy.

They're a great academic school, in C-USA second only to Rice. I think the ACC is pipe dream but I love their ambition. I wish UTEP was as ambitious instead of embracing a minor league philosophy.
Life, my gut tells me you would say the same thing if it was Chico State. To you, everyone else is better than UTEP.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Life, my gut tells me you would say the same thing if it was Chico State. To you, everyone else is better than UTEP.

If you don't move forward you get passed up. That's what's happened to UTEP. A lot of schools have had more ambitious vision and have had higher standards than UTEP. As a result we have been passed by a lot of schools. The good news is even with our complete ineptness for the last decade we're still in pretty good shape. "The woe is me" attitude that engulfs UTEP is a huge problem. The academic side of the university has to be fixed. The only thing UTEP lacks is vision and high expectations. I'm hopeful that's changing. I think the only thing that holds UTEP back is UTEP.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
If you don't move forward you get passed up. That's what's happened to UTEP. A lot of schools have had more ambitious vision and have had higher standards than UTEP. As a result we have been passed by a lot of schools. The good news is even with our complete ineptness for the last decade we're still in pretty good shape. "The woe is me" attitude that engulfs UTEP is a huge problem. The academic side of the university has to be fixed. The only thing UTEP lacks is vision and high expectations. I'm hopeful that's changing. I think the only thing that holds UTEP back is UTEP.

If Stull knew any better he should have had Kugler and Floyd on extremely short leashes because we needed to win and win yesterday to give ourselves the best chance to get out of CUSA.

ODU got screwed! No NIT. That’s a pretty good team but once again the little guy takes it to the chin. It won’t do a damn bit of good but I’m tempted to boycott the March Madness $$$ making biz. Fck....

I think back to how they beat UTEP by one point on that waved off tip-in last season. After the game they all got on the court and taunted the fans then acted surprised when fans started throwing things at them. I'm glad they weren't invited anywhere. Their season is over

Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Who cares what ODU fans think. Once we leave this conference the only time we’ll see them is in some holiday tournament.

Yea other fans have stood up for us. I’ve been arguing with some of them on other threads. I’m not going to touch that thread. It’s a classic bait troll thread. Good thing we have had extensive training dealing with professional trolls on this site.

Again, I'm glad they weren't invited anywhere. Looks like they overestimated their popularity

You're wrong Mr. Mascot Advisor:

UTEP hasn't won a game in the postseason since 2009.

From 2009 to 2018 ODU made it to the Big Dance twice, won the Vegas 16, won the CIT, made it to the NIT semifinals, and made it to the CBI semifinals and quarterfinals.

you-walked-right-into-that-one.jpg

If you don't move forward you get passed up... "The woe is me" attitude that engulfs UTEP is a huge problem. The academic side of the university has to be fixed. The only thing UTEP lacks is vision and high expectations. I'm hopeful that's changing. I think the only thing that holds UTEP back is UTEP.
The woe is me is a problem. Academics I don't agree with totally and is open to interpretation. You can't do college level work, UTEP boots you out, period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT