ADVERTISEMENT

U of A attendance prediction (AKA, Kugler watch)

I'll be there to support the program, but I'd rather go to the Chihuahuas game.

It will be the lowest since prior to the Mike Price era. We could not get 20,000 to a home opener. Granted we lost to Oklahoma, but a new season usually gets people going if not for the fun of being with friends and tailgating. After the Rice debacle, the Chihuahuas playing, 32 local area high school playing (early in season, still interest in all schools) and a Friday night, it will be terrible. I would really be surprised to see 10,000 in actual attendance.

Will be lucky to crack 18k. It's a Friday night with local football games and it'll also be the PCL Championship series opener and possible winner for the Chihuahuas, which will auto-steal 7k+ fans.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Got to think "BIG" ... I am flying in with two other Miner fans and expect to see 30K in the stands ...
What a nite for an upset ...
UTEP matters ....
from Hollywood ..... the new flyin' MIners 37 to 28 ...

Got to think "BIG" ... I am flying in with two other Miner fans and expect to see 30K in the stands ...
What a nite for an upset ...
UTEP matters ....
from Hollywood ..... the new flyin' MIners 37 to 28 ...
I remember when I used to have that same positive spirit not that long ago.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
15,000. Another blow-out loss for the first home game kills attendance for the rest of the home season. All the momentum generated by Price has been lost and we're now firmly entrenched in David Lee era apathy. Thank you Boob Stull!!

Last edited:
A little bit of smack talk from Arizona. It's kind of funny. Lol

In fact, our mascot did look like that for a couple of years in the early '00s. (I call him Hobo Pete.) He's so unpopular that I can't find any pictures of him online anymore.

There are pictures of the old "Sweet Pete" who was similar.

paydirtpeteold.jpg

'80s Pete with the hardhat is by far my favorite.

80's Pete is my all time favorite. I wish they'd bring him back along with "Dynamite" the donkey.

The 80s Paydirt Pete, which we called "Jay Leno", unfortunately was only one suit and was unwashable in many places. For this reason it fell into bad condition. It was also really top heavy due to the mask weighing so much. One of the scariest moments was when Louie and Lucy Lobo intentionally tripped him and he fell headfirst on the hardwood.

I like the current Pete. One of my favorite features is that he can wear different shirts, pants and jerseys to match the particular team he's supporting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT