ADVERTISEMENT

USM favored by 13

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
https://sportschatplace.com/cfb-pic.../18-college-football-pick-odds-and-prediction

USM and UTEP is often a slobber knocking affair. Unlike basketball (mostly because of Eustachy who bad mouthed Barbee a few times and Doc's ties to UTEP), football has not developed a deep rivalry with USM, but these teams lay the wood against each other (remember the cheap shot on A.J, out of bounds by a USM d lineman that injured AJ's ankle that almost sent Kugler to the hospital for a major vein rupture).

Yeah, y'all appear to be heading in the right direction and have been competitive in most of your games. We are a very beatable team. We have a terrible offensive line and no run game. I am looking forward to seeing what this coach can do with y'all over the next couple of years.

Yeah, y'all appear to be heading in the right direction and have been competitive in most of your games. We are a very beatable team. We have a terrible offensive line and no run game. I am looking forward to seeing what this coach can do with y'all over the next couple of years.

I like USM. I root for all the remaining cusa schools after the sun belt 2.0 expansion. I have alot of respect USM. I root for yall and the rest of the "remainders" (UAB, Marshall, USM and Rice).

The only time I hated Southern Miss is when they had this troll for a coach:

images

This has to be the worst injury bug year I am aware.

"I think the fatigue of it all kind of showed up in our team early in this ballgame," said first-year head coach Dana Dimel. "The injuries, the numbers are getting up to the upper 20’s and close to 30, it not only affects your performance on the field but it affects your practices and what you can do for scout guys and what you can do for twos. Basically, we’re down to only two offensive linemen that can run reps with the twos. Some of those affected the team, but we’ll continue to tweak and figure out ways to work around that and make our practices fit the issues that we have. That’s our challenge this week moving forward to Southern Miss."
http://krod.com/a-win-saturday-would-solidify-true-improvement-for-utep-football/

This has to be the worst injury bug year I am aware.

"I think the fatigue of it all kind of showed up in our team early in this ballgame," said first-year head coach Dana Dimel. "The injuries, the numbers are getting up to the upper 20’s and close to 30, it not only affects your performance on the field but it affects your practices and what you can do for scout guys and what you can do for twos. Basically, we’re down to only two offensive linemen that can run reps with the twos. Some of those affected the team, but we’ll continue to tweak and figure out ways to work around that and make our practices fit the issues that we have. That’s our challenge this week moving forward to Southern Miss."
http://krod.com/a-win-saturday-would-solidify-true-improvement-for-utep-football/

Dawn Hearn. People love her, I get it. However, the football team has been plagued with soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains for 15 years now. We have a much higher rate of these injuries than other programs. That a direct indictment of the training staff. We need a new training staff.

How are you blaming the soft tissue injuries on the training staff? The training staff helps the athletes recover from injuries, not make sure they dont happen. The strength and conditioning staff are the one responsible for getting the athletes in shape to help reduce the possibility of injury. Either way, this is football and sometimes injuries happen no matter how good your training staff and strength staff are. Look at the injuries in the NFL, and they have top notch support staffs. I'm sorry but this a ridiculous statement

Dawn Hearn. People love her, I get it. However, the football team has been plagued with soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains for 15 years now. We have a much higher rate of these injuries than other programs. That a direct indictment of the training staff. We need a new training staff.

Reactions: Cube Jack
How are you blaming the soft tissue injuries on the training staff? The training staff helps the athletes recover from injuries, not make sure they dont happen. The strength and conditioning staff are the one responsible for getting the athletes in shape to help reduce the possibility of injury. Either way, this is football and sometimes injuries happen no matter how good your training staff and strength staff are. Look at the injuries in the NFL, and they have top notch support staffs. I'm sorry but this a ridiculous statement

Half of the training staff job is prevention. More than half of these types of injuries can be prevented in the training room.

Injuries are a part of the game, it is what it is. Remember Kugler’s teams were on E by the time the season started because he wanted to run some old school practices. And his teams was just ravaged by the injury bug. Price was probably the complete opposite and everyone cramped up vs Oklahoma in The Sun Bowl. Everyone was downing mustard on the sidelines if I remember correctly.
I’m sure some injuries could be caused by overworking players, but at the same time I’m sure a lot of players get injured when they’re tired and they get sloppy with their technique.

Reactions: minerpride31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT