ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Hits Lowest Ever Attenadance Average Post Haskins

well.gif

Reactions: JCorona
What a coincidence! I'm watching Jurrasic Park on Netflix with my two year old right now. It's the first time she has seen it.

Reactions: unihorn
I have a feeling This year Will be particularly bad. People are tired of ctf, and we once again have a whole new team with little chance of reaching the post season.

A lack of attendance may however be the one thing that forces the admin to make some needed changes

I have a feeling This year Will be particularly bad. People are tired of ctf, and we once again have a whole new team with little chance of reaching the post season.

A lack of attendance may however be the one thing that forces the admin to make some needed changes
You would think that would be the case, but our AD will consider 15 wins next year a huge success given the fact it was a rebuilding year and say our coach did a remarkable job considering the national transfer epidemic.

You would think that would be the case, but our AD will consider 15 wins next year a huge success given the fact it was a rebuilding year and say our coach did a remarkable job considering the national transfer epidemic.
The Coaches job is to coach...It's up to the UTEP marketing department to get butts in the seats...18 to 23 wins per year should get people excited! The basketball team is well coached and disciplined on the court. It's remarkable to see CTF out of bounds plays and how often they score even though opposing coaches should be ready for the Miners to try and score under the basket. I don't post often but I am just tired of all the whining. I have had season tickets for 35 years and attend practices often. I think I am entitled to my opinion before this board goes off and blast me for defending the basketball program.

It's the quality of wins that matter not the quantity. People are not going to get excited when our best win is over a team ranked in the 120s by rpi. Then we go and negate that victory by losing to a pair of 300+ rpi teams.

If I took my wife out a few times a week to eat at the dollar menu and took her to the dollar movies she would probably file for divorce.

I could scream and try to justify my actions by saying why aren't you excited i take you out on dates serval times a week. From our history together she expects fancier restaraunts and newer movies.

Same with Floyd. The previous coaches before and even he himself with his previous jobs have set a higher defenition of success.

No I'm not going to buy bs when I see it and smell it.

It's the quality of wins that matter not the quantity. People are not going to get excited when our best win is over a team ranked in the 120s by rpi. Then we go and negate that victory by losing to a pair of 300+ rpi teams.

If I took my wife out a few times a week to eat at the dollar menu and took her to the dollar movies she would probably file for divorce.

I could scream and try to justify my actions by saying why aren't you excited i take you out on dates serval times a week. From our history together she expects fancier restaraunts and newer movies.

Same with Floyd. The previous coaches before and even he himself with his previous jobs have set a higher defenition of success.

No I'm not going to buy bs when I see it and smell it.
Unfortunately, the RPI's are BS and everyone knows it. The top 5 teams in CUSA can play with anyone and compete. Unfortunately, early in the season CUSA teams have not performed well and the conference RPI suffers. UAB, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, and Louisiana Tech are all good teams. Take a look at the Teams that departed CUSA and see how ell they have done in the AAC when they were in CUSA they were middle of the pack. Its all perception and CUSA is perceived as weak.

Coach Floyd is well respected throughout College Basketball Ranks by his piers. Let's wait and see how this year goes.

I want to go to the real tournament like everyone else on this board. I still believe our best chance to do that is with CTF. I have attended the NCAA tournament following the Miners and I am frustrated as well. Bad Luck and poor judgments have had a major impact on this program.

The Coaches job is to coach...It's up to the UTEP marketing department to get butts in the seats...18 to 23 wins per year should get people excited! The basketball team is well coached and disciplined on the court. It's remarkable to see CTF out of bounds plays and how often they score even though opposing coaches should be ready for the Miners to try and score under the basket. I don't post often but I am just tired of all the whining. I have had season tickets for 35 years and attend practices often. I think I am entitled to my opinion before this board goes off and blast me for defending the basketball program.

Well there you go. A satisfied customer...

18-23 wins meant a lot in the old WAC and early CUSA days. Last years team team was one the worst in the past 10 years and we still won 19 games and had an RPI in the 200's. And we got blown out by an average NMSU team twice, lost to UT Arlington and Norfolk at home. That isn't going to get people excited. Kudos to you and your 35 years as a season ticket holder. Thats awesome.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
minerdefense, do you notice the amount of time and effort these trolls spend on researching the negative boring shit on UTEP in order to post ever more negative shit on everything UTEP on this board? Unfreakingbelievable. I'm willing to bet they live negative boring lives as well.

Now that's funny!:p

Since when did facts and actual evidence become negative?

I wish I could have posted in less than seven years UTEP basketball hits all time high in attendance average.

Some of us have higher standards than others. I guess Floyd supporters settle for any crumbs they throw your way.

minerdefense, do you notice the amount of time and effort these trolls spend on researching the negative boring shit on UTEP in order to post ever more negative shit on everything UTEP on this board? Unfreakingbelievable. I'm willing to bet they live negative boring lives as well.
I just renewed my tickets and am excited to see the new players. Go Miners!

I've spent over $3,000 a season for four (good) seats the last ten years straight.

I'll do so again this year to support UTEP, but not to support Floyd, who is clearly performing below expectations.

Reactions: CubsFan81
I have been buying season tickets to BB and FB the past 10 years and I will continue to do so, and I will go to all of the games still. Money talks and I understand UTEP needs money to keep things going so I will always renew my tickets. Unfortunately, there is more negative shit than positive shit going on in UTEP athletics right now, so thats why you are seeing it. More and more people are getting fed up and are voicing their opinions. If you want to turn your head the other way and ignore what is really going o, n then do it and stop crying when people post what they feel about UTEP Athletics.

I thought it was interesting that in 2014-2015 we finished the regular season with 21 wins and averaged 8,458. A year later we finished the regular season with 19 wins and averaged 7,385. That's a drop off 1,073 per game multiply that times the 18 home games and we are looking at 19,314 less tickets sold through out the season.

There is not much difference between 21 wins and 19 wins. 19,314 less tickets is a big difference. Assuming the average price per ticket is $14 cuz some would buy the $8 tickets and other would buy the $20+ tickets that's a loss of more than $270,000 not counting concession and parking profits.

For $270,000 we could find a coach to win 19 games.

We will see what the future holds. In my opinion this is just the start of the decline. If this upcoming season we spend it around the .500 mark we will probably lose another 1000 fans per game.

Reactions: CubsFan81
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT