ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football roster released.

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
The football roster has been released.

The good news is that we have added AJ Hotchkins as a graduate transfer linebacker, he started 6 games during his time at Oregon.

The bad news is that Keith Sullivan no longer appears on the roster. Josh Dunn, Kobie Herring, Brent Ugochukwu, Joseph Pickney are also no longer listed.

Here is the updated roster:

https://utepathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=football

So right about the minimal number of defections, Minerforlife. Nebraska just off-loaded 10 expendables, as a spin-off to the recent arrival of new coach Scott Frost.

I wish the UTEP transfers-out the best, especially Kobie Herring of Refugio, the son of a coach, the positive product of West Texas parents (from Robert Lee) who created a stable home life. Met Kobie only a few times but by all indications, he is a good kid, bright, respectful.

Harsh facts: Herring is not a giant, and might be a step slow to play LB at the D-1 level. His former H.S. teammate Trace Moscoro played his freshman year while Herring watched. In the mind of a 19-year-old, tomorrow is a long way off.

Dunn and Sullivan can be classified as major surprises....

those are two legit and actually ranked talents I was surprised Kugler snagged, and I actually talked with both of them during the season and they were excited for the upcoming changes, now they aren't choir boys but not bad kids either, wonder what happened with the new staff, figured those two would flourish in a real college football culture.

Sucks to lose those two, highest rated recruits Kugler nabbed if my Rivals/247Sports memory serves right.

I noticed Luke Elsner wasn’t on the roster either. Did he use up all his eligibility or did the injuries finally catch up to him?

Reactions: axingfools1
Yes too bad about Sullivan. We have very limited depth at DE. I'm happy Richardson is back on the interior DL. If one of the young bigs can plug in at NT decently well then we may actually have a play making defensive lineman this year. I'm just not sure about linebacker. Van Hook may the best we have right now.

I noticed a bunch of our freshman OL are all 6'5" but only weigh 260-290lbs. These kids are going to fill in nicely with some time and strength training.

There is a big stable at RB. I would only expect 2 (maybe 3) to get much action though with Locksley and Dimel back there though. I think the offense can open up a little more with those guys playing.

I wonder how Dawn will be used? He practically disappeared from the gameplan after breaking out against UTSA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT