ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP MBB freshman and Osborne

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
Comprise one of best young classes we've had in men's BB since 2007. That class was the best in the past 25 years, but this one is very good IMO. They are averaging 36, 15 and 5. Those numbers are better than Willms, Frazier and Omega combined. If these guys stick together the next coach could have a real solid foundation to build from. Any of these guys have potential for All-CUSA or better.

Hope Senter or someone is already trying to persuade them to hang around long enough to see who their new coach will be. Do you think there's any chance that Senter already knows who the next coach will be but can't say so.... yet?

You have to think coaches have called and expressed interest in the job once the season ends.

Yeah! You bet: sorry Tyrus, certainly didn't want to overlook you. I'm counting on you to be the Stud of Studs! Get yourself healthy and don't play until you're ready!

So we’re losing Omega, Willms, Flags and Frazier for sure.

That freshman 4 mentioned above, plus Osborne, who will have 2 years left, plus PT who hopefully returns to his Sophomore form, is a solid returning base to build upon...depending on who else we can sign.

All I know is that my hopes will return to the height that they begin each season at. Be nice if they don’t immediately plummet for a change.

So we’re losing Omega, Willms, Flags and Frazier for sure.

That freshman 4 mentioned above, plus Osborne, who will have 2 years left, plus PT who hopefully returns to his Sophomore form, is a solid returning base to build upon...depending on who else we can sign.

All I know is that my hopes will return to the height that they begin each season at. Be nice if they don’t immediately plummet for a change.

This proposed rule change could be disastrous for UTEP

Proposal to let athletes transfer instantly after a coaching change picks up steam

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...antly-after-a-coaching-change-picks-up-steam/

Reactions: El Paso 777
So basically you guys are saying Floyd was right and the cavalry was on the way.

I look at a program like North Texas with very little basketball success and for the life of me can’t figure out why we won’t have similar results.

Last season they didn’t qualify for the CUSA Tournament and finished last in CUSA. A year later after grabbing a good HC from the Sun Belt they are a half game behind a top four finish.

I think if we get a good coach it will be a quick one or two year rebuilt until we are competing for a bye game in the conference tournament.

Osborne, McGee, Wade, Thomas and Gilyard hopefully stay then bring in 2-3 JC players and some top freshman. That all depends on coach. I'm still thinking it's one of three Barbee, Sanchez or Forbes. Takes only two years for a good coach to turn around a Basketball team.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
I think our best chance to be competitive next year is to follow the WKU model of bringing in several grad transfers with the offer of immediate playing time. The possible rule change to allow undergrad transfers without them having to sit out a year is not good for mid majors, so that could have an impact on some of the current guys transferring. I do see some potential in some of the new guys, but I am not as high on them as others. If the goal is to make the NCAA tournament, we are going to elevate our talent level greatly in my opinion. Hopefully, two teams will make it this year for CUSA; a loss last night for WKU would have been devastating. UTSA has a chance to play spoiler tomorrow. Having two teams make the tourney is obviously in the best interest for the conference in terms of national respect, and indirectly for recruiting more talented players.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT