ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Men’s Basketball Locker Room

Once the city gets its arena up, it’d be awesome if The Don was replaced with a more intimate arena — maybe 8k.

Once the city gets its arena up, it’d be awesome if The Don was replaced with a more intimate arena — maybe 8k.

No way, man. Fill it up at 12k. I've been to a few games at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, Kansas, and that place *feels* small and intimate yet seats over 16k. That place is magic for KU. Find a way to capture that for UTEP at 12k.

I would get rid of 3 student sections and make them GA. Students dont go, so they don't need 5 sections. The most electrifying atmospheres I've ever been to at the Don were when seating was open.it creates a sense of urgency of getting to the game and puts young butts in the seats.

I would get rid of 3 student sections and make them GA. Students dont go, so they don't need 5 sections. The most electrifying atmospheres I've ever been to at the Don were when seating was open.it creates a sense of urgency of getting to the game and puts young butts in the seats.
Exactly! I agree 100% with this! Well said Kickball!

Yuup, you can renovate it and bring in premium seating and experiences. When the team is good, it would be a hot ticket. You could eliminate a lot of student seating so only the real student fans are attending the games.

Moby was ugly when I was there in 1995. I see it's still a dump
Wait...did you attend a game there or did you go to school at CSU? I went to school for a year...'95-'96. Well, more accurately, I lived on campus for a year...most of my time was spent in the dorms playing video games.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Wait...did you attend a game there or did you go to school at CSU? I went to school for a year...'95-'96. Well, more accurately, I lived on campus for a year...most of my time was spent in the dorms playing video games.

I was just there for a game during the WAC days. Wound up getting pneumonia in Wyoming two days before

I agree with you but isn’t the student section already the unofficial GA section? For many years my ex and I would buy the cheapest tickets and then go sit front row in the student section. I never had a problem or was asked to move.

Reactions: Cube Jack
I agree with you but isn’t the student section already the unofficial GA section? For many years my ex and I would buy the cheapest tickets and then go sit front row in the student section. I never had a problem or was asked to move.

100% correct

Get out of my student section you boomer. Jk We need to fill that section out. Maybe this is the year.

No way, man. Fill it up at 12k. I've been to a few games at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, Kansas, and that place *feels* small and intimate yet seats over 16k. That place is magic for KU. Find a way to capture that for UTEP at 12k.

This was Allen Field House around 1976 NCAA Basketball Tournament:

Reactions: TxRdKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT