ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP OC Canales interviewed by Shootout Podcast

https://shootoutpodcast.com/2018/02/09/shootout-podcast-1-on-1-w-utep-football-oc-mike-canales/

Interesting that he seems to be pushing the idea that the offense will be more of a passing attack than the expected K State running game. At least that's the impression I got.
I will be very interested to see how Locksley performs as a passer at this level. There is no doubt he is an athlete, but he is still relatively inexperienced as a QB. He was a starter for only 8 games last year at Juco, although he obviously put up great numbers in that short span. The other QBs on the roster, in my opinion, are not good options in the expected style of offense. I really like the kid out of NC, who already looks D1 ready physically, and is a dual threat QB the new staff likes to use. I definitely expect Locksley to be the starter, but I am a little worried what the options are if he were to get hurt in an offense that does expose the QBs to hits. Probably thinking WAY to far ahead.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Army has a more legitimate "passing attack" better than what UTEP had under Kugler. So it depends where Dimel has the bar set at? I dunno? Just saying.....

https://shootoutpodcast.com/2018/02/09/shootout-podcast-1-on-1-w-utep-football-oc-mike-canales/

Interesting that he seems to be pushing the idea that the offense will be more of a passing attack than the expected K State running game. At least that's the impression I got.

I have posed that question a couple times. Dimel has had his success using a dual threat QB, run based, time of possession, methodical type of offense. Canales has had success with proficient passing attacks. I’ve been wondering what we’ll get.

I would love to think that the offense depends on what type of personnel we have.

Dimel and Canales seem like smart guys and I want to believe that unlike Kugler they aren’t dumb enough to keep trying to smash a square peg into a round hole. I know some people on this board believe there is legitimate talent returning, well let’s see what we have.

I would love to think that the offense depends on what type of personnel we have.

Dimel and Canales seem like smart guys and I want to believe that unlike Kugler they aren’t dumb enough to keep trying to smash a square peg into a round hole. I know some people on this board believe there is legitimate talent returning, well let’s see what we have.
True. I do think the passing game will at least be somewhat emphasized since the recruiting was geared towards that. 2 QB's, 4 WR's, 0 RB's and 0 TE's.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT