ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ UAB MBB

Blazers taking us to the woodshed. Ertel has missed maybe 1 and sunk a ton of 3s. Both teams playing good D but UAB's is better so far.
They're video is annoying. They can leave the replays out so we can watch the flippin game!

I should stop posting for the night. My blood pressure has to be sky rocketing. Hopefully we can play a decent 2nd half.

Well we got clobbered. UAB is a better team and they have more plays to run with all of their experience and great players. Don't see any way we could have pulled off a W under any circumstances. But there are several things that really bother me about how it all went down.
1. We don't have anyone to take it out on on Saturday. Covid...Grrr!
2. Ridiculous home cooking by the stripes.
3. The replays that cut out a whole 30 seconds by the Miners everytime the Blazers made a basket.

I've got no problem taking a loss but this one really pisses me off!

Last edited:
Our 3 pt shooting has actually picked up steam the last few weeks. Now if we only had an inside presence and a healthy team
We need an inside presence in the worst of ways. I don’t get why Maring doesn’t get more pt. He is wayyy more effective than Kalu. His passing under the basket alone makes him as useful as any big we have. Not to mention he actually makes his bunnies. Just needs to stop shooting 3s.

I am not hating on the kid, but I don’t see Kalu “getting there”. Time and time again he is right under the basket and gets stripped or blocked. I thought he had a guaranteed bucket last night only to be stuffed by a guy 2-3 inches shorter than him. There is a reason he was still available late in the recruiting game.

We need an inside presence in the worst of ways. I don’t get why Maring doesn’t get more pt. He is wayyy more effective than Kalu. His passing under the basket alone makes him as useful as any big we have. Not to mention he actually makes his bunnies. Just needs to stop shooting 3s.

I am not hating on the kid, but I don’t see Kalu “getting there”. Time and time again he is right under the basket and gets stripped or blocked. I thought he had a guaranteed bucket last night only to be stuffed by a guy 2-3 inches shorter than him. There is a reason he was still available late in the recruiting game.
I thought Golding said Onyema had earned playing time before he got sick I guess. We need his explosiveness on the floor (even if it's just for a boost).

Reactions: TxRdKiller

Watching our interior guys is definitely frustrating. All of them are pretty average players, with significant limitations on both sides of the ball. On Maring, I wouldn't mind seeing more of him on the offensive side as well. Defensively, he struggles with the pick and roll hedge, and he isn't a great defensive rebounder or rim protector. With Kalu, you have a better defender, but zero presence on offense, other than occasional put back. We already know what we have with TV. We knew going into the season, this area would be a struggle, and it has been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT