ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP UTSA .... Saturday game

CPJ has done a great job with the cards he was dealt with. I hope he has a chance to coach these young talented kids next year!

Looks like Frazier decided to thro the ball to the rim no matter where he was. Wonder if this is the attitude for not playing. If it is sit his ass, where not going anywhere no matter what.
And everyone here is ready to trash what the coach already knows about a selfish player! Anyone see the pattern?

Frazier has been the same the whole year. He takes bad shot after bad shot. He was always pissed when the guards wouldn't pass him the ball even when he was covered like a glove. Then he left for 2 weeks. Johnson publicly stated we needed him back for his scoring punch. Johnson proceeds to play him 6 minutes in the first game, then zero in the second game. Hasn't been worked back in when he was a starter for most of the early games.
Wade was barely playing, had to leave for personal reasons, came back to play most off the very next game and played very well. Since then, he hasn't really been much of a factor, IMHO.
All this shows me is Johnson has no clue what he's doing. He's either been horribly brainwashed by Floyd, or he's just a bad coach. Minerjo, I really don't know what you're smoking, but please put it down.

I actually would hope all the young guys stay. Each shows promise that needs developing. How can you not love Tirus's heart? Gilyard's drive? Osborne's hustle? Kobe's flash?

The season is shot...again....why not play some of the walkons? What about that tall kid from Andress? I bet he would hustle....Highler looked great in the scrimmages, played a little at one point, then poof....

CPJ has done a great job with the cards he was dealt with. I hope he has a chance to coach these young talented kids next year!

InnocentHealthyLamb-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: El Paso 777

Jo, Phil Johnson was Tim Floyd's top assistant during Floyd's entire tenure as UTEP's head basketball coach. As a result, he shares a good deal of the culpability for the disappointment that has been UTEP basketball since Floyd arrived. Even so, when Floyd resigned, Johnson was named interim head coach, and given most of the season to prove himself. And you say that he has done a great job. Please explain how the team has significantly improved since Floyd's departure. I just don't see it. The probability of Johnson getting the gig full time is practically zero.

Jo, Phil Johnson was Tim Floyd's top assistant during Floyd's entire tenure as UTEP's head basketball coach. As a result, he shares a good deal of the culpability for the disappointment that has been UTEP basketball since Floyd arrived. Even so, when Floyd resigned, Johnson was named interim head coach, and given most of the season to prove himself. And you say that he has done a great job. Please explain how the team has significantly improved since Floyd's departure. I just don't see it. The probability of Johnson getting the gig full time is practically zero.
It must be a brand new staff. PERIOD!!!!

Frazier has been the same the whole year. He takes bad shot after bad shot. He was always pissed when the guards wouldn't pass him the ball even when he was covered like a glove. Then he left for 2 weeks. Johnson publicly stated we needed him back for his scoring punch. Johnson proceeds to play him 6 minutes in the first game, then zero in the second game. Hasn't been worked back in when he was a starter for most of the early games.
Wade was barely playing, had to leave for personal reasons, came back to play most off the very next game and played very well. Since then, he hasn't really been much of a factor, IMHO.
All this shows me is Johnson has no clue what he's doing. He's either been horribly brainwashed by Floyd, or he's just a bad coach. Minerjo, I really don't know what you're smoking, but please put it down.

I actually would hope all the young guys stay. Each shows promise that needs developing. How can you not love Tirus's heart? Gilyard's drive? Osborne's hustle? Kobe's flash?

The season is shot...again....why not play some of the walkons? What about that tall kid from Andress? I bet he would hustle....Highler looked great in the scrimmages, played a little at one point, then poof....

I was thinking maybe he is playing random substitutions so the next coach will have guys who have played in several different scenarios. I can’t imagine any other reason for him doing some of the things he’s doing.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
I was thinking maybe he is playing random substitutions so the next coach will have guys who have played in several different scenarios. I can’t imagine any other reason for him doing some of the things he’s doing.
Johnson has a career winning percentage of .290 as a head coach. It’s pretty clear he has no clue what he is doing. It’s just mind boggling why some people on here want him to be our head coach next season. College basketball has changed and PJ has clearly not adapted to it. Let the purge begin!!!

Johnson has a career winning percentage of .290 as a head coach. It’s pretty clear he has no clue what he is doing. It’s just mind boggling why some people on here want him to be our head coach next season. College basketball has changed and PJ has clearly not adapted to it. Let the purge begin!!!

Well, if it's good enough for MinerJo then it's good enough for...well, MinerJo!:)

amen brotha, amen

Too much forward momentum happening right. I was on the Tim Floyd bandwagon till the bitter end. It’s clear though. Time to let old things die. We need a brand new regime. I’m sure there is a likable candidate out there ala BG who has a great X’s and O’s guy and another guy who is a great recruiter. There’s gotta be. That being said, I am not sure how I’d react if Greg Foster got the gig.

Too much forward momentum happening right. I was on the Tim Floyd bandwagon till the bitter end. It’s clear though. Time to let old things die. We need a brand new regime. I’m sure there is a likable candidate out there ala BG who has a great X’s and O’s guy and another guy who is a great recruiter. There’s gotta be. That being said, I am not sure how I’d react if Greg Foster got the gig.

Honestly, I don't he's a possibility anymore. The connection is gone.

Reactions: RanDaddyBinks
I swear sometimes Phil would let the enemy have the hill and attack from the low ground if he was a commander.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT