ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Charlotte

You are right about White Fanatico. I can see him on the chopping block, especially with Clardy getting minutes ahead of him.

• Sad
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Seems some Charlotte players have just beaten us with their first step and off to the basket they go.

I don't think White or Clardy are even on scholarship. I count 13 now with Evans, right?
White is in scholarship. I'm pretty sure Evans will be paying his own way this semester. Adding Evans and Dos Anjos next year would put us at 14

Golding went small at about the 6 min mark. I'm guessing that we don't have a zone defense implemented yet since it would be a perfect option today.

They look bad! Luckily (nobody is watching) Charlotte is like many other CUSA teams with crap support.
Although you're probably right, this game was closed off to the general public because of the pandemic. Only friends and family were allowed in.

Reactions: shyminer81
White is in scholarship. I'm pretty sure Evans will be paying his own way this semester. Adding Evans and Dos Anjos next year would put us at 14
I find it hard to believe a 3 star Evans isn't on scholarship, but I guess that is possible with the mid year transfer. Like you mentioned, a spot will need to be freed up.

Reactions: axingfools1
We played like crap on offense and defense. Bienemy had a good first half. Onyema did a couple of good things in his minutes. Otherwise I'm having a hard time finding anything nice to say. This game sucks.

That would entail not being loyal to the current players. After all, they committed to UTEP they should play the entire four years there, no?
Or coach could be brutally honest and let certain guys know that pt will be extremely limited and then let them choose whether or not they want to stay..

Reactions: MinerManiac
He IS the guy who tweeted that “I got mine” or something along those lines when we lost a close one to FAU a couple/few years ago.

He certainly doesn’t make anyone around him any better, at the very least.
Yes, he's been disappointing, I thought he would be a lot better this year. I mean he has the ability to score in bunches but just not happening consistently. Maybe the sickness and injuries have something to do with it, but there's more than one way to skin a cat, and he seems to be stuck on just letting shots fly.

Yes, he's been disappointing, I thought he would be a lot better this year. I mean he has the ability to score in bunches but just not happening consistently. Maybe the sickness and injuries have something to do with it, but there's more than one way to skin a cat, and he seems to be stuck on just letting shots fly.
Yep. More likely to score in volume when shooting in volume. His fg percentage has never been all that high. Lately it’s been abysmal.

I agree, he’s been pretty disappointing.

Reactions: develman
Or coach could be brutally honest and let certain guys know that pt will be extremely limited and then let them choose whether or not they want to stay..
Just pointing out the double standard. I know some players won't be here next year that are here this year. So let's not bitch when a player wants to leave.

Also from a fan's point of view, we are always good with replacing players if it makes our team better but we cry when a player decides to transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT