ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs USAO Predictions

Are we gonna be able to score against normal teams and under pressure. Not really seeing any offensive playmakers other than maybe Camper.
Jones hasn’t missed a shot this season. Looks like he can score from all levels. Hardy looks better. Too early to tell.

Kinda feel like Powell was given the alpha role but hasn’t earned it. I hope he isn’t Golding’s ride or die.

Jones hasn’t missed a shot this season. Looks like he can score from all levels. Hardy looks better. Too early to tell.

Kinda feel like Powell was given the alpha role but hasn’t earned it. I hope he isn’t Golding’s ride or die.
Then he goes and hits back to back 3s.

Reactions: miner1liner
Are we gonna be able to score against normal teams and under pressure. Not really seeing any offensive playmakers other than maybe Camper.
Probably not. The concerning thing is that we gave up 70 to McMurry and USAO might get somewhere close to that tonight. Then again, who knows how focused the team is for these games.

Reactions: miner1liner
I was listening to the post game with one ear, but I thought I heard Golding say that in addition to Thomas they got some great news this morning about another signing.
Anyone else hear that?

Reactions: mikesarabia
Ah, waking up at 2-0! We're proudly perched at the top of the conference standings and boasting the #1 spot in NCAA scoring. Classic UTEP basketball excellence on display! Let's face it, if Lunardi did a bracketology right now, we're practically a #1 seed material.

I have 0 negative or positive feelings. There's were warm ups, that just so happen count on paper. I don't believe the defense really showed everything, so not as worried as some are. I think it was good for Jones to get the rust off and get some shots down. He will be a key player off the bench. Starting 5 Monday when it gets real in my opinion should be:
Powell, Hardy, Frazier, Solomon and Kalu with Camper, Jones, Dos Anjos, Hamilton and Terrell coming off the bench.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Ah, waking up at 2-0! We're proudly perched at the top of the conference standings and boasting the #1 spot in NCAA scoring. Classic UTEP basketball excellence on display! Let's face it, if Lunardi did a bracketology right now, we're practically a #1 seed material.
USCB will be a good barometer of where Golding has this program. I just don’t see UTEP winning Monday but who knows?

I’m not gonna get too excited about it, but I’ll credit the team this. We have always played teams like we played this week. Nothing new. We have not always scored 120+ points. Especially back to back.

Floyd’s teams probably would’ve put up something in the 80s against these teams. I’d like to see the Miners playing stiffer competition, however they did what they were supposed to do with these teams. We got to see everybody on the floor. There are glaring weaknesses, but I don’t think this team will go through the eternal scoring droughts we’ve endured the last few years, which has been the biggest weakness as of recent. We “appear” to have far more scoring options on this squad than in recent years.

I’m as apathetic as I’ve ever been with utep athletics in general, but I saw enough to have a little bit of hope that this team will compete.

Saterfield led all PSU scorers in that one. 3rd year Golding and his Miners will win this one on Monday.
I hope so. Ajay Mitchell did not play against Portland St, but is expected to play against UTEP. He is really good, as is the rest of their backcourt. I think one key will be seeing if the depth Golding has been hyping is legit.

I hope so. Ajay Mitchell did not play against Portland St, but is expected to play against UTEP. He is really good, as is the rest of their backcourt. I think one key will be seeing if the depth Golding has been hyping is legit.
Oh geeze, I thought he used up his eligibility. Remember Jelly Walker from UAB? Expect that Monday night. However, Walker was a three point assassin. Mitchell runs their offense like a court general, at least the two or three games I saw last year. Kind of like that Kent State guard (Carry) that played at the DHC last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT