ADVERTISEMENT

What's the scoop?

Sounds like he might actually ride McConnell and doesn't want to make it seem like it's, cause he gives Utep a better chance to win. Hardison may well be hurt, but idk how bad it really is or if Dimel finally knows he's better off sitting Hardison.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Hardison's & Dismal's feelings be damned!! If CMcC gives the Miner offense the best chance to put points on the board there should be no waffling from the HC (and the Miners are going to have to put points on the board because I think NMSU has the Miners on their list as a win).

My suggestion to Hardison: get your BA or BS & get your grad degree if you can - you have a free ride, take advantage.

Hardison's & Dismal's feelings be damned!! If CMcC gives the Miner offense the best chance to put points on the board there should be no waffling from the HC (and the Miners are going to have to put points on the board because I think NMSU has the Miners on their list as a win).

My suggestion to Hardison: get your BA or BS & get your grad degree if you can - you have a free ride, take advantage.
I'f Saudi Arabia makes a Football league Hardison can probably play over there. His game is already a crime against humanity 😔

I think Dimel hates admitting he made a mistake. He saw Hardison as that diamond in the rough that would carry the team to winning records. He should have sat Hardison this time last year. He keeps hoping Hardison will suddenly wake up and gets his head up to the talent level of his arm. If that were ever going to happen at all, it would have happened last season. You could give him a six-year starting spot and he won't play any better in his sixth season than he did in his first.
That's not to denigrate Hardison's effort. I'm sure he arrives early and stays late at practice. He's just one of those players who reaches a certain level and never gets any better after reaching it. Dimel needs to think of the good of the team and not pander to one player.

I think Dimel hates admitting he made a mistake. He saw Hardison as that diamond in the rough that would carry the team to winning records. He should have sat Hardison this time last year. He keeps hoping Hardison will suddenly wake up and gets his head up to the talent level of his arm. If that were ever going to happen at all, it would have happened last season. You could give him a six-year starting spot and he won't play any better in his sixth season than he did in his first.
That's not to denigrate Hardison's effort. I'm sure he arrives early and stays late at practice. He's just one of those players who reaches a certain level and never gets any better after reaching it. Dimel needs to think of the good of the team and not pander to one player.
I’ve never attended a practice, nor do I have any inside knowledge but does Hardison look amazing in practice? I have never seen him play a game or a half that looked as good as what the is kid did last week.

I’ve never attended a practice, nor do I have any inside knowledge but does Hardison look amazing in practice? I have never seen him play a game or a half that looked as good as what the is kid did last week.
No he does not and he has the script for what coverages the defense will be playing. To be fair Cade looks like a fourth string Quarterback regularly in practice.

No he does not and he has the script for what coverages the defense will be playing. To be fair Cade looks like a fourth string Quarterback regularly in practice.
Maybe he’s a gamer. Some of the best players I ever played with (in my respective sport) didn’t stand out until it was game time.

Maybe not. But he sure put the ball on the money and played pretty fearlessly for his first start.

Maybe he’s a gamer. Some of the best players I ever played with (in my respective sport) didn’t stand out until it was game time.

Maybe not. But he sure put the ball on the money and played pretty fearlessly for his first start.
That very well could be the case. I'm also thinking since he's basically the scout team quarterback they probably tell him to just chuck it to give the secondary some looks. Either way he definitely made FIU pay for crowding the box. Hurley had a nice 40 yarder too. Probably won't see cover 0 again the rest of the season.

That very well could be the case. I'm also thinking since he's basically the scout team quarterback they probably tell him to just chuck it to give the secondary some looks. Either way he definitely made FIU pay for crowding the box. Hurley had a nice 40 yarder too. Probably won't see cover 0 again the rest of the season.
Mission accomplished if teams now have to respect the deep pass more and can't crowd the box so much. Utep under Dimel will always be a run first team, but with an inept deep passing games it's been easy to defend against Utep. Hopefully McConnell keeps taking to top off defense so the run game can't control things. Not gonna lie, McConnell now has me back slightly interested. If he pulls off a win vs NMSU and then SH things will get very interesting and hopefully Hardison finds a nice clipboard 📋 for the rest of the season. I'm half in between wanting Utep to make a miraculous and unexpected come back and go bowling, but also don't want Dimel here after next year so I'm a little torn SMH 😒

That's the difficult aspect of all this. There is a part of us as fans that want to see the Miners pull of a miracle. But the pulling off of that miracle would entail Senter having an excuse to keep Dimel for another season. That would be terrible for UTEP. Dimel was past his time last year. Should have gone 7-5 rather than 5-7. Same thing this season. Best two teams he's had in his tenure, and he can't get past .500. Like Hardison, he has reached his level and will never improve upon it. We need a coach who will put together winning seasons. We need a coach who wants to win games and not time of possession battles.

I agree, and now that teams have some tape on McConnell, I would guess they will bring more pressure. McConnell's lack of mobility was pretty glaring. TBH, if McConnell falters, I would like to see more of McNamara, if he has cleared protocol. With his lack of size, I question his ability to stay on the field, but he does seem to be more of a playmaker. In his limited time on the field, Hurley seems like a guy more prone to turnovers.

Last edited:
That's the difficult aspect of all this. There is a part of us as fans that want to see the Miners pull of a miracle. But the pulling off of that miracle would entail Senter having an excuse to keep Dimel for another season. That would be terrible for UTEP. Dimel was past his time last year. Should have gone 7-5 rather than 5-7. Same thing this season. Best two teams he's had in his tenure, and he can't get past .500. Like Hardison, he has reached his level and will never improve upon it. We need a coach who will put together winning seasons. We need a coach who wants to win games and not time of possession battles.
Agreed 💯

I agree, and now that teams have some tape on McConnell, I would guess they will bring more pressure. McConnell's lack of mobility was pretty glaring. TBH, if McConnell falters, I would like to see more of McNamara, if he has cleared protocol. With his lack of size, I question his ability to stay on the field, but he does seem to be more of a playmaker. In his limited time on the field, Hurley seems like a guy more prone to turnovers.
I'd rather see Mouser than McNamara again. If possible. Was last week a fluke? The NMSU game will answer that in 2 days. I want UTEP to have a miracle turnaround, but I feel Dimel will find a way to stink it up bad, on Wednesday. NMSU will hang 50

I'd rather see Mouser than McNamara again. If possible. Was last week a fluke? The NMSU game will answer that in 2 days. I want UTEP to have a miracle turnaround, but I feel Dimel will find a way to stink it up bad, on Wednesday. NMSU will hang 50
Who's Mouser, is he a new transfer 🤔

Who's Mouser, is he a new transfer 🤔
He’s the 6’ 5”, 3 year starter kid from Bastrop HS. He really impressed Barrick Nealy, who was a pretty damn good college QB himself, and got an offer.

Threw for 2500-3000 yards his senior year. Is a decent runner also. I’d like to see what his development has been like.

Taco? Any scouting info on him?

Reactions: shyminer81
So then we could run a balanced offense? Imagine that!

He’s the 6’ 5”, 3 year starter kid from Bastrop HS. He really impressed Barrick Nealy, who was a pretty damn good college QB himself, and got an offer.

Threw for 2500-3000 yards his senior year. Is a decent runner also. I’d like to see what his development has been like.

Taco? Any scouting info on him?
He doesn't get many reps. From what I have been able to see of him. He doesn't look to be as far along as McNamara was last year. Next years camp will be a better representation of what kind of quarterback he will be.

So then we could run a balanced offense? Imagine that!
I'm not one of the people that thinks there's a problem with the offense. I think there's a problem with the people that are tasked with executing the offense. There have been plenty of open wide receivers that are not getting the ball. I would prefer though and offense that throws the ball 35 to 40 times a game. That's just my personal preference though.

I'm not one of the people that thinks there's a problem with the offense. I think there's a problem with the people that are tasked with executing the offense. There have been plenty of open wide receivers that are not getting the ball. I would prefer though and offense that throws the ball 35 to 40 times a game. That's just my personal preference though.
I agree. The comment wasn't directed towards you, but towards the concept of having a QB that can throw and be efficient enough to keep defenses honest and allow the run game to stay open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT