ADVERTISEMENT

Will Hernandez top in bench press

VA Miner

All Star
May 8, 2003
Saw where he benched 37 reps. One of 20 players to bench at least 37 since 2000. Pretty impressive. Heard the only knock is that he doesn't process info fast enough? If true, big play book could be an issue? Hope he falls to the Cowboys in the 2nd round, but think if he runs a good 40 he will move into the first round.

Go Miners

Needs to stay in the orange and blue!!! Anybody have Elway’s number?
Go Broncos

I bet they question his intelligence since he had bad grades coming out of high school. But if there’s one thing Kugler did, he made sure kids went to class and succeeded in the classroom. The kid can play, plain and simple.

Saw where he benched 37 reps. One of 20 players to bench at least 37 since 2000. Pretty impressive. Heard the only knock is that he doesn't process info fast enough? If true, big play book could be an issue? Hope he falls to the Cowboys in the 2nd round, but think if he runs a good 40 he will move into the first round.

Go Miners
He can bench press a V8 with his eyes closed.

It's starting to look like Quentin Nelson and Will Hernandez will be the top 2 O-linemen in the draft. Methinks Will gets nabbed in the first round to Green Bay. Not only do they have the need, but in the grand scheme of things, it seems to fit that he becomes a Packer the same year that Fred Carr passes and would be opening holes for Aaron Jones.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
It's starting to look like Quentin Nelson and Will Hernandez will be the top 2 O-linemen in the draft. Methinks Will gets nabbed in the first round to Green Bay. Not only do they have the need, but in the grand scheme of things, it seems to fit that he becomes a Packer the same year that Fred Carr passes and would be opening holes for Aaron Jones.
I tried putting a Packer shirt on right now. I broke out in a rash. I think Rodgers is the best in the business and watching him pick apart Dallas every year brings tears of joy to my eyes, but I just can't be a Packer fan. I hope Will goes to Denver.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Someone getting jealous of all the attention Will is receiving.

I give Will a ton of credit. Sometimes you hear about potential NFL Draft picks strategically skipping bowl games or skipping workouts, etc. Will never did that. Will played every game of a meaningless Senior Season at UTEP, he then went and participated in the entire Senior Bowl week and all of their workouts, he then went to the NFL combine and participated in every event, and he is still going to have a pro day later this month as well. I know that many people go this route, but there are also many 1st and 2nd rounders that play it more safe instead. Will has been willing to do everything to prove that he is legit and I am impressed with his approach. He is not just playing it safe and sitting back after a good performance, he instead goes out and does it again. As DayDev said, he is earning his money.

He doesn’t have the luxury of sitting out events. As much of a beast of a prospect he is, he still carries the stain of playing at a low level school, and will be discredited for it. Real talk, UTEPAthletics sucks donkey balls thanks to the old regime. God I hate Stull.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT