• USM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0-12 again

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
The defending national winless champions are hoping to not repeat the misery of last year.

Every week I’ll scratch off the teams that gain victories.

AAC (3) UConn, Temple, SMU
ACC (1) UNC
Big 12 (1) Iowa State
Big Ten, (2) Purdue, Nebraska
MAC (5) Miami(O), Bowling Green, NIU, Central Michigan, Western Michigan
MWC (1) San Jose State
PAC (2) UCLA, Arizona
SBC (1) South Alabama
USA (4) WKU, Old Dominion, UTSA, UTEP
IND (1) New Mexico State

Add El Paso Socorro to the list. 0-29 longest losing current streak in Texas high school football

The Socorro HS Football program is the hardest coaching job in Texas. They got a good coach in Coach Graham (after having like 4 straight bad ones), he needs this year and the next to make progress.

My cousin played for SHS and what happens is that good Middle School players who won in the feeder programs chose to play in the good teams like baseball and soccer. So, usually, they don't get the type of athletes other programs get.

Do what they do in the northeast, eastside and westside/upper valley. Get some kids together, bring up through local pop warner league and by the time they are juniors/seniors, they would have have played together for more or less five to six years....at least. Don't shoot the messenger, that's what they are doing. At the northeast Veterans Park is mini me football players from curb to curb practically. Know why Canutillo High became a top regional program in their district? They did just that. Made a nice state run deep into the state playoff a few short years ago.

Do what they do in the northeast, eastside and westside/upper valley. Get some kids together, bring up through local pop warner league and by the time they are juniors/seniors, they would have have played together for more or less five to six years....at least. Don't shoot the messenger, that's what they are doing. At the northeast Veterans Park is mini me football players from curb to curb practically. Know why Canutillo High became a top regional program in their district? They did just that. Made a nice state run deep into the state playoff a few short years ago.
...and the massive single family residential development in the Canutillo district was the foundation. Hundred and hundreds (if not thousands) of new homes=new families in the area.

AAC (2) SMU
ACC (1) UNC
Big 12 (1) Iowa State
Big Ten, (2) Purdue, Nebraska
MAC (2) Miami(O), Central Michigan,
MWC (1) San Jose State
PAC (1) UCLA,
USA (4) WKU, Old Dominion, UTSA, UTEP
IND (1) New Mexico State

The list is trimmed by seven teams. 15 teams remain. This week a big showdown between UTEP vs NMSU. Someone’s O gots to go.

It’s getting very lonely in the winless watch list. This week 10 teams scratched themselves off the list. Two had a bye week and only UTEP and Nebraska received another L. Four teams remain. We now have the inside track to repeat as national winless champions.

Big 10 (1) Nebraska
MWC (1) San Jose St
PAC 12 (1) UCLA
CUSA (1) UTEP

It’s getting very lonely in the winless watch list. This week 10 teams scratched themselves off the list. Two had a bye week and only UTEP and Nebraska received another L. Four teams remain. We now have the inside track to repeat as national winless champions.

Big 10 (1) Nebraska
MWC (1) San Jose St
PAC 12 (1) UCLA
CUSA (1) UTEP
Painful.

They say it’s harder to go winless than it is to go undefeated. At this moment these are the remaining undefeated teams.

AAC (3) : UCF, Cincinnati, USF
ACC (4): Clemson, NC State, Syracuse, Duke
Big 12 (2): Oklahoma, WVU
Big Ten (2): Ohio St, Penn St
CUSA (1): North Texas
Independents (1): Notre Dame
MAC (1):Buffalo
Pac 12 (3): Cal, Stanford, Colorado
SEC (4): Georgia, UK, Alabama, LSU

No change this past weekend as the same four teams remain winless. San Jose St almost stunned one of the G5 Access Bowl contenders. Ultimately they lost after five OT’s.

Big 10 (1) Nebraska
MWC (1) San Jose St
PAC 12 (1) UCLA
CUSA (1) UTEP

Who do you think wins first from the above four?

Nebraska will win October 27th, that will be the next win out of the four.

Also...Socorro High School lost again, 32 in a row....

That’s complete bs. FCS wins shouldn’t count for P5 teams.

That’s complete bs. FCS wins shouldn’t count for P5 teams.
I think they should. There are some solid FCS programs who could fit in just fine at the FBS level but can not primarily for financial reasons. Minnesota discontinued their match up with FCS and direct rival North Dakota State because they basically got fed up being slober knocked by them. Now as far as the "North Dakota blows and Minnesota sucks" or vice versa debate they have among each other is their call.:p

Frost will get the team back on top.
. I don’t care either way about Frost or Nebraska, I just wonder if he was in the perfect place at UCF. He obviously had an amazing thing going over there, and maybe he is more suited to run a Boise St./TCU type program as opposed to a big school that has way more pressure/expectations. Kind of like Billy G., A&M was the perfect gig for him because the pressure/expectations at Kentucky were too much. Callpari, that guy thrives in that situation. It just is what it is.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
I was talking about Socorro against UTEP. And then not being sure who would break their streak.
UTEP & Socorro, in front out of a sold out SAC, aired on Azteca TV before Canelo's next big fight, gimme Socorro by a late FG....jk :)

I don’t have a boyfriend. Thanks for making light of suicide. Tremendously hilarious subject!!!!!!!!

I don't wish to be critical of Jordan Leslie and I actually think it says something positive that he chooses to stay so involved with UTEP.......but with that being said, Jordan was here for 3 years: UTEP won 5 games during his Freshman year, only 3 games during his Sophomore year, only 2 games during his Junior year.....Every year got worse while Jordan was here, then Jordan transfers to BYU and UTEP immediately won 7 games without him, in what would have been his Senior year.

He may have had a good reason to transfer, but at the end of the day he left here and we never had great success while he was here. We then immediately had great success after he left. I am not sure that I understand his current "high horse" approach of looking down on our current situation when he didn't fare too much better while here and also left our program instead of sticking it out?

BTW, would UTEP have maybe beaten Texas Tech if Leslie had stayed here for his Senior year? Leslie would have easily been a top 3 offensive weapon if added to that 7 win team. Could Leslie have been the positive difference maker in our extremely close 4 point loss to Tech that year had he stayed?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT