ADVERTISEMENT

2023-2024 CUSA MBB honors

Very few freshmen played at other CUSA schools. Jones won a couple of freshman of the week awards early in the season.
I agree Jones would have won FOY. These accolades have lost their prestige. Jone played in about half or our games and was in the all freshmen team. Despite him being good enough to be on this team, his playing time was minimal and it doesn't make sense that he's there. Jones being on the freshmen team shows that nobody but UTEP have freshmen. I think the conference needs to do away with the freshmen awards and just have an all-newcomer team.

I agree Jones would have won FOY. These accolades have lost their prestige. Jone played in about half or our games and was in the all freshmen team. Despite him being good enough to be on this team, his playing time was minimal and it doesn't make sense that he's there. Jones being on the freshmen team shows that nobody but UTEP have freshmen. I think the conference needs to do away with the freshmen awards and just have an all-newcomer team.
My post on a different thread about number of freshmen per CUSA team. https://utep.forums.rivals.com/threads/final-5-games-prediction.12339/#post-251187

I've been wondering the same thing so I did a quick check. I have no idea how many minutes these guys get but I'm sure Terrell is king of the hill.
LAT 0
Sam 2
WKU 2
Lib 5
MTSU 2
UTEP 4
Jax 3
NMSU 2
FIU 0

My post on a different thread about number of freshmen per CUSA team. https://utep.forums.rivals.com/threads/final-5-games-prediction.12339/#post-251187

I've been wondering the same thing so I did a quick check. I have no idea how many minutes these guys get but I'm sure Terrell is king of the hill.
LAT 0
Sam 2
WKU 2
Lib 5
MTSU 2
UTEP 4
Jax 3
NMSU 2
FIU 0
Teagan Moore (WKU) and Chris Loofe (MTSU) were also on the all freshman team, and they averaged 13 min and 10 min per game respectively. I thought both look like decent prospects, but I honestly can't remember any other freshmen. Coaches at the CUSA level prioritize older, experienced players to win now because the expectation is that if they play well, they won't stick around.

Teagan Moore (WKU) and Chris Loofe (MTSU) were also on the all freshman team, and they averaged 13 min and 10 min per game respectively. I thought both look like decent prospects, but I honestly can't remember any other freshmen. Coaches at the CUSA level prioritize older, experienced players to win now because the expectation is that if they play well, they won't stick around.
If thats the case then no point in even recruiting freshman at this level.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT