ADVERTISEMENT

Final 5 games prediction

LTMiner61

All Star
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2004
According to www.bboilercbb.com

We will go 2-3 the last five games of the season.
2/22Louisiana Tech (76)28.2%L 64-70
2/24Sam Houston St. (197)62.7%W 72-68
2/29@ Jacksonville St. (180)30.7%L 62-67
3/2@ Liberty (120)17.3%L 64-75
3/7FIU (291)79.9%W 79-68

Being the eternal optimist that I am, I'm going to say we win the Jax St. away game (and the heavens open with a thousand angels singing) and go 3-2 to end up with a slightly improved record from last year. Enough to keep the status quo. Next year is the make or break it year for CJG.

GO MINERS!

Reactions: nattybry

3/7FIU (291)79.9%W 79-68

Being the eternal optimist that I am, I'm going to say we win the Jax St. away game (and the heavens open with a thousand angels singing) and go 3-2 to end up with a slightly improved record from last year. Enough to keep the status quo. Next year is the make or break it year for CJG.

GO MINERS!
You didn’t address the tourney. Surely you have us pegged to win one there

3/7FIU (291)79.9%W 79-68

GO MINERS!

1-4. We beat FIU at home.

Reactions: bamfor
This is a more complete link from the same source. https://bboilercbb.github.io/conferences/CUSA/index.html

Another optimistic view:
LaTech-Loss They beat us by 14 in Ruston, now we have them at home. It's most likely a loss but a good crowd might give us a chance.
Sam-Win They beat us by 4 in their gym with the score of 56-60. No way we score that low at home. Our coaches won't let this one slip.
Jax-Win Yup, it's a road game but we aren't going to lose them all. We played well against them at the Don and I don't think the Miners will be intimidated.
Liberty-Loss Enough said.
FIU-Win The Kitties are not good and it's the last home game of the season.

So by my estimation, we go 3-2. And if we manages to squeeze out a dub against LaTech at home, 4-1.

Reactions: kickballpro
But there is NOBODY invincible in this conference, so I could see the Miners pulling an upset in any random game on a neutral court. (This team is too inconsistent, though, to string together the multiple Ws needed to win the thing.)
That’s true. I can’t remember the last time we upset anyone in the conference tournament.

I looked it up and it was back in 2011 at the Don. We were the 3 seed and upset the 2 seed. FWIW we had identical conference records and we had the better overall record. Don’t know how much of an upset it really was since we were at home. I know we were upset by the 4 seed in the final. But yeah this could be the year we act differently from our norm.

Last edited:
Well that is something to celebrate
If this was anyone else I would think that this was sarcasm, but I'm guessing that you're serious. When Don Haskins' teams were among the leaders in field goal percentage defense I was proud of that statistic, as it helped us win games with his great teams. When the Gillispie/Sadler teams were near/at the top of the free throw percentage rankings, it was significant, as that helped us win games.

This year we're 10-14 against Div1 competition, and are almost 100% certain to have a losing record against Div1 teams at the end of the season. Overall we are 13-14, and likely to have an overall losing record for the 2nd year in a row. Our style of defense causes a lot of turnovers, but gives up a boatload of layups. The typical end result: another loss for the Miners. You can celebrate leading the nation in steals and forced turnovers. Me, I don't give a damn. And Golding needs to go.

If this was anyone else I would think that this was sarcasm, but I'm guessing that you're serious. When Don Haskins' teams were among the leaders in field goal percentage defense I was proud of that statistic, as it helped us win games with his great teams. When the Gillispie/Sadler teams were near/at the top of the free throw percentage rankings, it was significant, as that helped us win games.

This year we're 10-14 against Div1 competition, and are almost 100% certain to have a losing record against Div1 teams at the end of the season. Overall we are 13-14, and likely to have an overall losing record for the 2nd year in a row. Our style of defense causes a lot of turnovers, but gives up a boatload of layups. The typical end result: another loss for the Miners. You can celebrate leading the nation in steals and forced turnovers. Me, I don't give a damn. And Golding needs to go.

• Angry
Reactions: MinerManiac
Senter will give Golding another year, I guarantee it. As stated earlier by someone else, La Tech has 19 wins under a second year coach and Lutz hit 19 in one year but WKU demands results rather quickly but he immediately brought in good transfer(s) as soon as the ink dried on his contract. NMSU is pulling a Lazarus and FIU and UTEP can’t figure it out.🤔

Senter will give Golding another year, I guarantee it. As stated earlier by someone else, La Tech has 19 wins under a second year coach and Lutz hit 19 in one year but WKU demands results rather quickly but he immediately brought in good transfer(s) as soon as the ink dried on his contract. NMSU is pulling a Lazarus and FIU and UTEP can’t figure it out.🤔
How many wins did Golding have his first year?

If you are a booster contributing to the Miner Basketball NIL Collective, how much confidence would you have in Golding? Two of the highest compensated players (Powell and Solomon) were no where to be found down the stretch against LAT, and have both seen their minutes dwindle this season for poor performance.

On top of that, the team is in last place in a horrible conference against some teams that don't even have NIL collectives. You would think this would be some type of red flag for Senter, but I guess as long as we lose the "right" way, that should be good enough.

Last edited:
HERE are the current CUSA MBB standings.
Miners are in 6th place at 6 and 9 with 1 home game left against FIU on senior night.

Knotted up right in front of us are Liberty and Middle who have 2 games left.
Middle is 6-8 with games at LaTech to end the regular season and with Liberty at home on Tuesday.
Liberty has Middle on the road and WKU at home to end the season.

I think it's likely that the Miners will sneak into 4th or 5th to end the season.
What do you think?

HERE are the current CUSA MBB standings.
Miners are in 6th place at 6 and 9 with 1 home game left against FIU on senior night.

Knotted up right in front of us are Liberty and Middle who have 2 games left.
Middle is 6-8 with games at LaTech to end the regular season and with Liberty at home on Tuesday.
Liberty has Middle on the road and WKU at home to end the season.

I think it's likely that the Miners will sneak into 4th or 5th to end the season.
What do you think?
I think I like 6th place and avoid #1 until the finals of we go that far of course.

Just one question, how many freshmen are playing in the conference. I don’t pay attention to other teams.
Not that big of a college fan other than THE MINERS.

I've been wondering the same thing so I did a quick check. I have no idea how many minutes these guys get but I'm sure Terrell is king of the hill.
LAT 0
Sam 2
WKU 2
Lib 5
MTSU 2
UTEP 4
Jax 3
NMSU 2
FIU 0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT