ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Peay Players/Transfer Portal

We will see if he sees the field against SEC competition. Tyrin had to learn the hard way. Kelly is no Cowing, who was truly special.

All I am saying is we aren't losing Jacob Cowing (again) with any of the transfers.
I agree.. sometimes the grass isn’t greener on the other side. Beating an SEC level DB isn’t the same as beating an FIU DB. But at the same times I don’t blame any of these kids for making the move and challenging themselves.

We will see if he sees the field against SEC competition. Tyrin had to learn the hard way. Kelly is no Cowing, who was truly special.

All I am saying is we aren't losing Jacob Cowing (again) with any of the transfers.
The numbers Tyrin and Kelly posted were on par with those that Cowing did. I have no idea if Tyrin left because he couldn’t compete. Seems he’s got a screw loose

Don't give up hope! Kelly retweeted a graphic of all the FBS schools with a 1,000 yard receiver this year, and wrote "utep". I replied something along the lines of, "You should stay in El Paso and run it back with @CoachSWUTEP!" And both Kelly and Coach Scotty liked my response! That means he's coming back, right?!?

Right?

Don't give up hope! Kelly retweeted a graphic of all the FBS schools with a 1,000 yard receiver this year, and wrote "utep". I replied something along the lines of, "You should stay in El Paso and run it back with @CoachSWUTEP!" And both Kelly and Coach Scotty liked my response! That means he's coming back, right?!?

Right?
He's already committed to Miss St. right, but maybe he'll do like Smith and come back to do absolutely nothing only to transfer again lol

I see that he visited Miss St, but nothing saying he committed. Hell, just a few hours ago he posted what looks like an offer from Auburn. Not that I really expect him to return...

Depends on your love of the game. If you have a chance to play you leave in a heartbeat. Standing on the sidelines watching would totally suck.

Looks like Scotty is bringing a lot of players from Austin Peay. Can someone make a list of players who has committed?? Rivals and 247 isnt doing a good job. 😟😟😟

Trey is an awesome pick up -- we should all be very excited about that... NOW we need to get 2 more:
KAM THOMAS
JEVON JACKSON

Reactions: nattybry
They haven't had a ton of time to recruit outside guys since they arrived -- ive got a feeling that JUCO pick is a great add and "an outside guy".

Looks like Tre shackleford has gotten so many offers my hopes are low he will end up at UTEP...

They haven't had a ton of time to recruit outside guys since they arrived -- ive got a feeling that JUCO pick is a great add and "an outside guy".

Looks like Tre shackleford has gotten so many offers my hopes are low he will end up at UTEP...
Yeah between the two Shackleford woulda been nice, but Trey G. is a nice consolation prize. Jevon Jackson would be huge add Kam Thomas and this offense could be special next year..... That is if we have an offensive line in place that can decently block. Defense is gonna be a weak point next year for sure though. New system, New Coaches, and lost good players to transfer and graduation!

Curious to know. Which schools did we beat out for him?
I looked, but couldn't find much. I base what I say on his Austin Peay highlights and even scoring against Tennessee Vols. Him, Trey Shackleford and Jevon Jackson were guys I looked up right after the Walden hire. I think all 3 would be huge. This guy was 3rd on my list after the other 2 guys.

Reactions: JCorona
I looked, but couldn't find much. I base what I say on his Austin Peay highlights and even scoring against Tennessee Vols. Him, Trey Shackleford and Jevon Jackson were guys I looked up right after the Walden hire. I think all 3 would be huge. This guy was 3rd on my list after the other 2 guys.
Very interesting that other FBS coaches saw the same highlights and didn’t make a move on him.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Hopefully I am completely wrong about this but loading up on FBS coaches and players seems like a recipe for disaster.
We basically had fcs level talent with dimel. Walden recruited pretty well to AP all things considered. He's after some high level players. I'm actually pretty impressed with what he's done thus far. We are getting dudes from TN, GA, FL and TX.

Very interesting that other FBS coaches saw the same highlights and didn’t make a move on him.
I don't think you or I know that for sure Corona. I like your always negative until proven wrong view points to everything UTEP though lol. I said I couldn't find anything, that doesn't mean there weren't other schools interested. Also as with alot of these A.P. kids they only got in the transfer portal, because UTEP gutted their coaching staff, so transferring to UTEP was pretty much a foregone conclusion. We won't know how good he is until he plays for UTEP obviously, but I'd take a kid who did it against a SEC school and other FCS schools over let's say a high school kid who hasn't or even a Junior College guy.

I don't think you or I know that for sure Corona. I like your always negative until proven wrong view points to everything UTEP though lol. I said I couldn't find anything, that doesn't mean there weren't other schools interested. Also as with alot of these A.P. kids they only got in the transfer portal, because UTEP gutted their coaching staff, so transferring to UTEP was pretty much a foregone conclusion. We won't know how good he is until he plays for UTEP obviously, but I'd take a kid who did it against a SEC school and other FCS schools over let's say a high school kid who hasn't or even a Junior College guy.
You could label it as negative, but I prefer to see it as a reality check. Our views on a "big time" transfer might differ. Take McCray from Austin Peay last season; he garnered many FBS and P5 offers. Imo that would be considered a “big time” transfer. Yet, his stats at TT this season raise questions. So, if a player with multiple P5 offers didn't translate into a big-time transfer, perhaps a kid with just one FBS offer might not fit that role either. Just my perspective.

Reactions: nattybry
You could label it as negative, but I prefer to see it as a reality check. Our views on a "big time" transfer might differ. Take McCray from Austin Peay last season; he garnered many FBS and P5 offers. Imo that would be considered a “big time” transfer. Yet, his stats at TT this season raise questions. So, if a player with multiple P5 offers didn't translate into a big-time transfer, perhaps a kid with just one FBS offer might not fit that role either. Just my perspective.
Does Martavious Collins who was offered by the likes of Auburn, Alabama, Miami, Florida St, etc... move the needle for ya Corona?

Reactions: mikesarabia
It's anger. Which is understandable given his actions. Hopefully this new regime will prove to be more fruitful. Then we won't have to worry about who doesn't want to be here.
I would love to know why he quit on the team this season. I saw on IG he posted that he graduated today…..is he still a miner ?

I would love to know why he quit on the team this season. I saw on IG he posted that he graduated today…..is he still a miner ?
Some people saw the writing on the wall. Not saying he's one of those people, but I think if you look at who started game one and who started game 12 you can figure out who's who.

yes sir. That’s a big time commitment. A guy with only one other FCS offer doesn’t move the needle much for me.
How many of those did utep get though?

There are definitely a couple players that will hopefully just be back ups that Walden has signed. But for the most part, these guys seem like high level FCS players at worst and FBS level players at best.

How many of those did utep get though?

There are definitely a couple players that will hopefully just be back ups that Walden has signed. But for the most part, these guys seem like high level FCS players at worst and FBS level players at best.
Im not sure how many of those we have. Don’t really have the interest to look it up. I’m only referring to the “big time” transfer natty is talking about.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT