ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Peay Players/Transfer Portal

Atleast we still have better Mexican food.... and a better football stadium.

Las Cruces has great Mexican food. La Posta is better than any El Paso restaurant I have been to.

Both stadiums are old. The Sun Bowl is falling apart. Aggie Memorial is an average stadium.

• Haha
Reactions: NY/NJminer
More importantly, if CSW can pull a ten win season or two, we won’t have any issue with the inevitable surge of support.

You're getting way ahead of yourself. Baby steps. Let's first get to at least 6 wins and a bowl appearance. Then hopefully a bowl win. A 10 win season is way, way down the line if the first things happen.

Las Cruces has great Mexican food. La Posta is better than any El Paso restaurant I have been to.

Both stadiums are old. The Sun Bowl is falling apart. Aggie Memorial is an average stadium.
La Posta? You must be a tourist. Nice place with ok food. And technically, it's in Mesilla.
Now, if you wanna discuss Nellie's, El Sombrero, si senior....
Overall, el paso blows them away.

La Posta is solid, but it’s definitely more Tex Mex than most in El Paso. It’s good, but I definitely don’t think it’s better than Ambar or 1700 let alone places like Mexican restaurants like Casa Pantera or Elemi.

You're getting way ahead of yourself. Baby steps. Let's first get to at least 6 wins and a bowl appearance. Then hopefully a bowl win. A 10 win season is way, way down the line if the first things happen.
I’m tired of this incremental thinking. I’m tired of giving a coach a two year mulligan because “he’s building something here”. Six wins is nice, but is that really the benchmark you want to measure this program against because I don’t. I know it looks like a tough schedule this year but last year was an easy looking schedule that turned in to murderers row.

Reactions: Nugget 07
Six wins is nice, but is that really the benchmark you want to measure this program against because I don’t. I know it looks like a tough schedule this year but last year was an easy looking schedule that turned in to murderers row.

Yes, that is the benchmark because this is UTEP Football.

You really think they are going to win 10 games in 2024 or 2025?

La Posta? You must be a tourist. Nice place with ok food. And technically, it's in Mesilla.
Now, if you wanna discuss Nellie's, El Sombrero, si senior....
Overall, el paso blows them away.
Eputep argues just to argue

Imo we’re the ones that have to prove we can win 10 games in a season. That we can play in our first ever CUSA championship game. That we can break the 60 year old bowl drought. NMSU has been there done that. It’s up to us to catch up to them.

For me, six wins is a reasonable benchmark. There are so many bowls that qualification should be the minimum for any school. After we get a bowl win and break that curse we can talk about double digit wins.

I’m reminded of that scene from the 40 Year Old Virgin where Jay tells Andy (and I’m paraphrasing) “you’ve just got to get that first n*t.” Before we talk about 10 wins and a conference title, let’s get 6 wins and a bowl win.

More NIL $$ too. I heard he made out pretty nicely from the A&M/UTEP $$ for basically "playing" in 4 games combined for those two.
This is exactly why the NIL setup is dumb. Give money to proven players/commodities, not dudes that nobody has heard of and haven't even played games for you yet. The NIL is just a recruiting ploy now. It's a waste of money.

This is exactly why the NIL setup is dumb. Give money to proven players/commodities, not dudes that nobody has heard of and haven't even played games for you yet. The NIL is just a recruiting ploy now. It's a waste of money.
The newly proposed approach (not approved) by the NCAA will further separate the haves from the have nots by creating a trust for all athletes (men and women), and provide a minimum stipend of $30,000 per year to each. The schools that can afford the $6M to $10M per year trust cost will be part of their own separate division. Keep in mind, NIL would still be in place as well.

Last edited:
The newly proposed approach (not approved) by the NCAA will further separate the haves from the have nots by creating a trust for all athletes (men and women), and provide a minimum stipend of $30,000 per year to each. The schools that can afford the $6M to $10M per year trust cost will be part of their own separate division. Keep in mind, NIL would still be in place as well.

This is going to happen. The Power schools have been wanting to break away forever. March Madness will only be major conferences, G5 Football will be a new division, Bowl Games will be Dead. Revenue will never touch the likes of UTEP

Now the NCAA is penalizing FSU for using one of it's NIL collectives as a recruiting ploy. More blatant corruption from the NCAA.

I bet Dimel recruits like Vaughn, especially on defensive side since he put a lot of recruiting energy of LB's and line in the JUCO's the last two years, will do well at their new school. Also, JUCO players will snap up G5 offers hoping to transfer to a P5 school. It's the new reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT