ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Joe Golding

Remember Golding's effort to gain fan support when he treated everyone to breakfast on his arrival? He may have to do that again if he can't do it by winning.
Fan support will vanish pretty damn quick if the lousy performance continues.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Naw. All we gotta do is beat 3 teams in a row. Net rankings of those teams will probably be in the range of top 50, maybe top 70 and another in the top 150. We have all season to work it and figure out how to put it together for 3 days in a row. Easy.
We are so jaded as a fan base. Think of the progression (or regression) of our posts. I think back to our MinerRush days and we used to be so full of hope. The glass was half FULL. The sun still shone upon us. Babies were still cute.

But alas, our souls have withered and wrinkled from the long harsh drought. We haven't sipped from the fountains of fortune in so long. As a result, sometimes some of us hallucinate and see the mirage of an oasis on the vast desert floor, but always we are brought back to reality. But we are noble. We suffer so others don't have to.

I cannot remember a time when a team like Texas A&M Corpus Christy had beaten us at home, I just can't recall it. That is a team we should have defeated by 20 points easily, but based on the current facts I don't see UTEP achieving anything this year, I don't see any post season and Golding has to go at the end of the season. PUNTO!
Two years ago losing to UC Riverside who finished 16-12. Think we lost to Kent St too, but they ended up with 28 wins.

We are so jaded as a fan base. Think of the progression (or regression) of our posts. I think back to our MinerRush days and we used to be so full of hope. The glass was half FULL. The sun still shone upon us. Babies were still cute.

But alas, our souls have withered and wrinkled from the long harsh drought. We haven't sipped from the fountains of fortune in so long. As a result, sometimes some of us hallucinate and see the mirage of an oasis on the vast desert floor, but always we are brought back to reality. But we are noble. We suffer so others don't have to.
This is the most poetic description of us that I have ever heard. Well said.

Don't worry Fanatico, souls are fungible.

I cannot remember a time when a team like Texas A&M Corpus Christy had beaten us at home, I just can't recall it. That is a team we should have defeated by 20 points easily, but based on the current facts I don't see UTEP achieving anything this year, I don't see any post season and Golding has to go at the end of the season. PUNTO!
Have you blacked out the last few Floyd years?

Remember Golding's effort to gain fan support when he treated everyone to breakfast on his arrival? He may have to do that again if he can't do it by winning.
Fan support will vanish pretty damn quick if the lousy performance continues.
Better step it up with Cattlemans

Reactions: Lil_Train

Maniac on hear was giving great recruiting analysis and MR broke down the numbers.

Our expectations have definitely fallen. We have resorted to calling players like Zid Powell an "alpha". I was expecting Souley but he's not even half as good as Keonte

I f he can't win, YES, he should definitely be fired at the end of this season, why waist more time like we did with Floyd ? why ?
I agree, Goldings seat should be hot. I highly doubt UTEP can/will afford another huge buyout. However, Golding is starting to prove to suck as a recruiter and as an Xs and Os coach. The team shows no growth, individually and as a team. The same issues that faced his first team are consistent with his last two teams. And I look back at the Souley Boum 2021-2022 team and think he should have got more out of that team.

Depends on how we finish. If we limp through the end of the season, yes. If we make the ship of the conference tourney, but miss out on the NCAAT, maybe not. Just depends. I’ll give him til the end of the year to answer that, personally.
I agree it depends on how we look through conference play.

Imo we’re gonna have Deja vu all over again. It’s looking that way.

Both inherited a strong team but didn’t get the necessary piece to win the conference in year 1. Both rebuilt in year 2 and as expected finished under .500. And I think both will do better in year 3 but still fall short.

I agree it depends on how we look through conference play.

Imo we’re gonna have Deja vu all over again. It’s looking that way.

Both inherited a strong team but didn’t get the necessary piece to win the conference in year 1. Both rebuilt in year 2 and as expected finished under .500. And I think both will do better in year 3 but still fall short.
As it looks right now, and I don’t see how it gets fixed, I’m inclined to think you’re right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT