ADVERTISEMENT

JAMAL SUMLIN

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Does anyone think his departure is strange? He redshirts practices and sits. Now what was the point of wasting a year and then transfer.
Is this on Golding? His high school resume was impressive.

Does anyone think his departure is strange? He redshirts practices and sits. Now what was the point of wasting a year and then transfer.
Cleveland is a long way away for an 18-19 year old. I don’t know…

I haven’t seen anything official yet, but did see someone mention that Kappy said it on his radio show. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do myself. I know his mother passed away very recently and was taking it pretty hard so maybe that could be the reason.

I haven’t seen anything official yet, but did see someone mention that Kappy said it on his radio show. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do myself. I know his mother passed away very recently and was taking it pretty hard so maybe that could be the reason.
Don't remember who mentioned that he was gone, but it's mind boggling that he was willing to red shirt then leave. Goofy!

Who the f cares? He probably sucked. Someone Bronzeing took a chance on. Didn’t work out. It’s a damn miracle if anyone stays more than 2 years here.

I didn't realize about his mother. So young. What a shame. Based on his IG, it looks like he may have left school some time in March to go home? He is still registered though and I don't see his name in the portal, so who knows. I was kinda hoping to see him play as well.

Last edited:
I didn't realize about his mother. So young. What a shame. Based on his IG, it looks like he may have left school some time in March to go home? He is still registered though and I don't see his name in the portal, so who knows. I was kinda hoping to see him play as well.
We didn't have a legit shooter last year. Maybe he was one.

We didn't have a legit shooter last year. Maybe he was one.
I heard he wasn't a shooter. More of a tough, defensive guard. With Golding bringing in Terrell, who has a similar profile, I think the writing was on the wall. It is really tough to find HS players so late in the recruiting cycle who can contribute right away, and Sumlin was brought in very late.

From watching the portalers at Verbal C, It happens more than you would think

I heard he wasn't a shooter. More of a tough, defensive guard. With Golding bringing in Terrell, who has a similar profile, I think the writing was on the wall. It is really tough to find HS players so late in the recruiting cycle who can contribute right away, and Sumlin was brought in very late.
For not being a "shooter", he did pretty well averaging 23.5 peg along with 7.5 boards and 5.4 assists. He was 2nd team all Ohio. Based on those numbers, I'd say he was a keeper AND he could play D. We had a bunch last year that supposedly could play D, but none knew how to score.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
For not being a "shooter", he did pretty well averaging 23.5 peg along with 7.5 boards and 5.4 assists. He was 2nd team all Ohio. Based on those numbers, I'd say he was a keeper AND he could play D. We had a bunch last year that supposedly could play D, but none knew how to score.
Yeah I ageee. I wanted to see him play too. I follow him on Social media and I think he was a lil homesick. Out of everyone that’s left, I’m the most disappointed in losing sumlin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT