ADVERTISEMENT

Ofili update

C. Silva

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2003
Still on the roster. Won't know anything else till gameday. I may head out to practice tomorrow and write up a recap.

For what it is worth I had heard Ofili wasn't living up to the billing even as far back as spring ball.

That's what I was afraid of. I hadn't heard of an injury. I knew academics were unlikely. There had to be something for us to play a true freshman in Woods. Evidently, Woods is a very good freshman to playing so early. Mike do you know how big Woods is? He is listed at 250.......Price said he was 290 if I'm not mistaken.

He is definitely more in the 290 range than 250. When I spotted him in the game I was surprised first to see him but also at his size. I sure hope we are recruiting some pass rushers and corners because in my opinion those are the two biggest holes on our team.

Thanks Mike for the information. Without doubt we need big time help at corner and on the defensive front. While this is only a thought Rozell Smith was recruited as a linebacker, but was listed by a couple of recruiting services as one of the top defensive backs in the area. He is fast (4.5) and has good size, something we are lacking at the corners. Any chance of Smith moving to defensive back?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT