ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Question about tequila...

I highly recommend Astral. Unique flavor and not too pricey. If I wanna go dirt cheap but keep it 100% agave, I like Agavales. Can't beat the price and pretty smooth for the cheap stuff. Hate paying for the Paul Mitchell name when buying Patron, however for a big party I'll get it on occasion because most everybody is familiar with it.

Reactions: allminer
The best tequila I've ever tried is Rey Sol Añejo. This is no "slamming" or margarita mix tequila...it is best enjoyed sipping. It's only $200/bottle. I also enjoy El Tesoro Reposado, which is less expensive, and of which I have a (near) full bottle.

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it very much. I've always got some Hornitos around, along with some good Whiskey. Just came across the Corralejo and was wondering about it. Most reviews on the net were favorable.

Corralejo has never sold very well here, so I don't carry it anymore. I like Deleon. Not too expensive and pretty good. Good sipping tequila is 1942. YUM!
My go to tequila is Hornitos. BUT, I dont use salt and lime. I use a slice of orange.

Currently visiting Wisconsin/Minnesota border town of Winona - our friends from Canada tried a Margarita at a local watering hole...real bad. In an effort to keep the tequila drinks flowing I asked the barkeep to make up some Salty Chihuahuas - Tequila w/ Grapefruit Juice in a salted glass. Drink was a refreshing beverage when all you have is a cheap tequila & grapefruit juice. Beats the hell out of drinking a lousy Margarita blend. Made the friends happy.;)

Reactions: allminer
Currently visiting Wisconsin/Minnesota border town of Winona - our friends from Canada tried a Margarita at a local watering hole...real bad. In an effort to keep the tequila drinks flowing I asked the barkeep to make up some Salty Chihuahuas - Tequila w/ Grapefruit Juice in a salted glass. Drink was a refreshing beverage when all you have is a cheap tequila & grapefruit juice. Beats the hell out of drinking a lousy Margarita blend. Made the friends happy.;)

That actually sounds pretty good. I often go with a NorCal margarita. Simple and refreshing also. Decent tequila, club soda, and several lime wedges, over ice. Nada mas.

Corralejo is only good in the Triple Reposado, the bottle looks like a blue skillet bottle.

Depends upon how much you want to spend. My favorites are:

$50 - Dona Carlota Reposado
$75 - Partida
$80-100 - Casa Noble, 1942, Clas Azul, Jose Cuervo Familia
$150 - Deleon
$250 - Casa Dragones (blanco)
$300+ - Herradura Seleccion Suprema, Partida Elegante

Reactions: Ronstr300
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT