ADVERTISEMENT

Sul Ross

Not there but following on twitter. Smith with 4 fouls and Thomas with 3 at the half. The refs are apparently calling a lot of fouls (maybe Floyd asked them too to make a point to Smith).

Reactions: jdubb66
Willms has been awful against what looks like a high school team.

17 minutes left and Floyd walks out in disgust over refs — what a drama queen.

17 minutes left and Floyd walks out in disgust over refs — what a drama queen.
Why is there always drama surrounding the Basketball Program? It doesn't matter if its a city kid or a country kid, an American or a Foreigner, highly recruited or a kid with no other offers. The common denominator is the coach. The players are leaning their bad habits from their coach, who while an expert in basketball strategy, is an utter failure as a leader.

Why is there always drama surrounding the Basketball Program? It doesn't matter if its a city kid or a country kid, an American or a Foreigner, highly recruited or a kid with no other offers. The common denominator is the coach. The players are leaning their bad habits from their coach, who while an expert in basketball strategy, is an utter failure as a leader.

They’re playing much better since he left.

I have never heard of a coach leaving the floor like that. He had one T, not two.

The Floyd apologists will always say Floyd teams start slow, that he' tinkering. F that. If you'e any kind of D1 team, you should roll out of bed and lay waste to any D3 team. Plain and simple.
Lay waste! Thats right!

If anything, I think that today exposed how Kelvin leaving is going to become an issue for us. If today is any indication of the upcoming season, then it appears that Paul Thomas’s constant foul troubles are still going to be an issue and the overall high amount of foul calls in general, are going to make the loss of Kelvin’s depth a big issue.

If anything, I think that today exposed how Kelvin leaving is going to become an issue for us. If today is any indication of the upcoming season, then it appears that Paul Thomas’s constant foul troubles are still going to be an issue and the overall high amount of foul calls in general, are going to make the loss of Kelvin’s depth a big issue.

And Willms looks off — bad game for him against a bunch of shrimps.

Odd stat: UTEP has now played 4 exhibition games(including Costa Rica) and we have had 3 Technical Fouls(2 on Floyd and 1 on Frazier) in those 4 exhibitions.

Cry me a river!!

Sometimes I feel you support Floyd personally more than you support the Athletic Program. Because the guy has done an AWFUL job and its been obvious for at least two years now. How can you not be tired of the same routine over and over again.

1. Player leaves before the season.
2. Underwhelming performances in warm-up games.
3. At least one terrible loss to a terrible OOC team.
4. One seemingly redeeming, quality win.
5. Lose to the worst team in the Conference.
6. Beat the best team in the conference.
7. Win a few in a row
8. Lose a few in a row.
9. Lose in the second round in the Conference Tournament
10. Have at least two players never play, have two of them leave.
11. End around .500
12. A Floyd rant

Take aways from the post game:

-Osborne only played 6 minutes because of a sore ankle.
-Omega has a sore back and almost sat out the exhibition, but has 10 assists.
-They have high expectations of Frazier who "hasn't played in 2 1/2 years"
-UTEP will play more zone because of propensity for fouls/refs calling fouls.
-Floyd said he was not ejected but left the floor to go vomit. Too many foul calls.
-Thomas has been the best player but couldn't find a rhythm today.

Frustrating game to watch. Too many whistles. Team showed lots of muturity though. Almost no arguments against obviously bad calls.

Most of the players were nervous but got better in the second half. I think Floyd thought the second technical was on him. It was funny, one ref yells at Johnson, where's your coach. Johnson motions to the locker room and yells back, He left.

Team got loose and started playing better. Gilyard played well the second half. He can really finish at th the rim.

Flaggert and touchet were unfflappable. Team looked raw but certainly have talents. Quite a few dunks.

Osbourne was disappointing. Wade still looks good, Thomas didn't do much and Frazier never got into the flow.

Smith is a good foul shooter. That's a good asset to have inside.

WOW!!! Been a long, long wait for such a horrible result. Guess I'm glad I wasn't there to see it. High expectations, inferior Div 3 opponent, gave up 70 and only scored 78? Not much of anything positive about this. From what you've all stated sounds to me like the sinking of the Titanic. I am so let down. Though we had something this year. Hope it's not too the same old story.
Anxious to see some stats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT