ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Not me. What I find exciting is winning. If our team was grinding out and winning games with 20-14 and 17-10 type scores then I'd be excited. If the team was losing 42-38 and 49-45 then I'm not excited, I'm pissed. My problem with Dimel was that his poor play calling, poor clock management, and inability to instill discipline in his team cost us wins. Fast pace, slow pace, doesn't matter to me, I just want wins.
Agree. A couple of Dimel’s defenses were stout and fun to watch. They kept us in most games while the outdated offense just sputtered along.

A fast paced, high scoring offense is defintely more exciting to watch, however like you said, not at the expense of having a shitty defense that can’t close the deal.

Wouldn’t it just be ideal to have some balance with an offense that puts points on the board and a solid defense that can hold when it comes down to the wire? We would probably win a few more ballgames. One can dream.

Agree. A couple of Dimel’s defenses were stout and fun to watch. They kept us in most games while the outdated offense just sputtered along.

A fast paced, high scoring offense is defintely more exciting to watch, however like you said, not at the expense of having a shitty defense that can’t close the deal.

Wouldn’t it just be ideal to have some balance with an offense that puts points on the board and a solid defense that can hold when it comes down to the wire? We would probably win a few more ballgames. One can dream.
I think defense was good because he got out of the way. I never saw him go talk to the defense during games. The offense would have probably been similar if he got out of the way as well.

I think defense was good because he got out of the way. I never saw him go talk to the defense during games. The offense would have probably been similar if he got out of the way as well.
Dimel was all kinds of stubborn. He wanted to wear two watches, two sets of glasses and he wanted to call the plays. If he was the offensive coordinator his head would have rolled two or three years prior. But he wanted to go down with the ship and go down with the ship he did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT