ADVERTISEMENT

UIW Game Thread

Utep responded and did what they needed, now let's move on to Chicago. Curious to see what Northwestern will look like tomorrow.

This game belongs to D.
-Good tackling.
-good upfront pressure, especially in the second half.
-D backs get a C+ but there was help and didn’t break.

Offense

-Offensive line was pushing a pile and the second half they owned the UIW D line and pushed a berm.

-Hardison didn’t throw a pic. (Dimel went vanilla).

-8 1/2 minutes (according to Teich) drive in the 3rd. (Still sputtered a few times).

I don’t see celebrating on here, but more of a collective “whew!”.

Personally, it was good to see the Oline manhandle their opponent. 174 yards from Hankins is really good even against a FCS team. UIW is led by a solid qb and thank goodness he missed some slants for incompletions.

My takeaways:

1. We didn't lose
2. RBs looked good against lesser competition
3. Another slow start
4. I felt their QB looked better than Hardison.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Utep did what they game played for, dominate the line of scrimmage and run it down their throats.
Most don’t like the style but that’s what Dismel coaches. If anyone expects us to score 45 points against anyone, they haven’t paid attention to the last six years.
We won, enjoy it, it may be the only one this year.

I don’t see celebrating on here, but more of a collective “whew!”.

Personally, it was good to see the Oline manhandle their opponent. 174 yards from Hankins is really good even against a FCS team. UIW is led by a solid qb and thank goodness he missed some slants for incompletions.

I agree. That game looked very shaky but I’ll give UTEP credit for sticking to their identity, making the game ugly and scum bagging a win. But I think we can all see that this play style will fail miserably versus better opposition.

My takeaways:

1. We didn't lose
3. Another slow start
The 4th one may be accurate as far as him as a QB, but not for this game. Hardison wasn't asked to do much, due to the running game, but he was very accurate threw for 2 tds and was a good game manager and that's probably all he should be. Problem is Utep's offensive line won't dominate against the next 2 opponents like they did last night, so he'll have to throw more and that's when he gets in trouble 😵‍💫

The 4th one may be accurate as far as him as a QB, but not for this game. Hardison wasn't asked to do much, due to the running game, but he was very accurate threw for 2 tds and was a good game manager and that's probably all he should be. Problem is Utep's offensive line won't dominate against the next 2 opponents like they did last night, so he'll have to throw more and that's when he gets in trouble 😵‍💫
Their QB threw 31 times and threw 1 int in desperation at the end. He threw a nice ball. If Hardison throws 31 times he has 3 interceptions.

My takeaways:

1. We didn't lose
3. Another slow start
Their QB threw 31 times and threw 1 int in desperation at the end. He threw a nice ball. If Hardison throws 31 times he has 3 interceptions.
Re read what I posted and you'll understand my point. You just repeated basically what I said lol

They beat Nevada last year and Texas State the year before.
And I bet it was embarrassing for both of those programs. And it is still embarrassing to barely beat an FCS program. There is never an excuse because you should have a severe talent advantage.

Reactions: FedupMiner
And I bet it was embarrassing for both of those programs. And it is still embarrassing to barely beat an FCS program. There is never an excuse because you should have a severe talent advantage.
Early on and it looks like Nevada made a bad hire. Coach Wilson might not be around much longer if he doesn’t win this Saturday. Tough intriguing game coming up for them.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT