ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP blows away CUSA members for home attendance

It doesn't bode well for CUSA that WKUs attendance is that poor. Most of those numbers are poor in fact. I will point out though that Jacksonville State, along with Sam Houston, both have FCS sized stadiums. The fact that they had over 21,000 attendance is a good sign for them. I'd be interested in how soon they expand their seating capacity and how well they fill their stadium then. They had a big win against a mediocre team Saturday.

Reactions: bamfor
It doesn't bode well for CUSA that WKUs attendance is that poor. Most of those numbers are poor in fact. I will point out though that Jacksonville State, along with Sam Houston, both have FCS sized stadiums. The fact that they had over 21,000 attendance is a good sign for them. I'd be interested in how soon they expand their seating capacity and how well they fill their stadium then. They had a big win against a mediocre team Saturday.
Jax St doesn't need to expand it holds 24,000

Playing devils advocate because I see orange kool-aid being sipped on again here and on X….what would the actual attendance be if GECU and City didn’t buy majority of those tickets?
It would have been low, but to GECU’s and the City’s credit, the people that got freebies showed up.

If UTEP loses to Northwestern and Arizona, not many will show up to UNLV. Though Senter has already sold many discounted tickets for it.

Playing devils advocate because I see orange kool-aid being sipped on again here and on X….what would the actual attendance be if GECU and City didn’t buy majority of those tickets?
Honestly, this game 25,000? UTEP fans already made their plans after JSU loss apparently.

Let’s face it, the current CUSA schools are located in smaller cities. Long gone are the days of playing conference foes that played in large stadiums like BYU, Utah, SDSU, UTSA, Air Force, and Houston.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Don’t forget UTEP was smart to put a small army of cheerleaders and band members on the field at half time. I would imagine that a lot of those parents showed up to the game just to see their kids perform.
Whatever works. It's butts in the seats.

I am on a committee at my church to put fannies back in the pews. I think going full Baptist with free food is the only choice.

• Haha
Reactions: LTMiner61
Whatever works. It's butts in the seats.

I am on a committee at my church to put fannies back in the pews. I think going full Baptist with free food is the only choice.
I think it’s a great idea for the first week. I can’t deny that. All the people who went to the game because tickets were free or maybe because their kid performed at halftime may come back next home game especially after they won with a convincing second half. The crowd was very excited for the game so I have no complaints.

I think it’s a great idea for the first week. I can’t deny that. All the people who went to the game because tickets were free or maybe because their kid performed at halftime may come back next home game especially after they won with a convincing second half. The crowd was very excited for the game so I have no complaints.
UIW came in as back to back FBS home game heart breakers (Texas State & Nevada).

Reactions: MinerFan79
Speaking of upgraded facilities i dont know if anyone noticed but some of the pixels in the video board and on those ribbon signs were already malfunctioning.

• Wow
Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Honestly, this game 25,000? UTEP fans already made their plans after JSU loss apparently.
That’s fair but I’d lean to 15-20k but for the record not a knock on the effort to get butts in the seats, Senter did something right to get 30k in there. (For once)

Reactions: MinerManiac
I’m assuming that’s sold tickets and not butts in seats? GECU, the City, season ticket holders who didn’t go/give away their tickets, and those charity “buy tickets for soldiers or kids!” promotions they send donors all inflate the sold tickets number.

This is of yearly debate. The NCAA is not specific in its rules and some say purposefully has it this way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT