ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Football Tailgating policy revisions

"Eligible UTEP students can gain entrance to the venue by having their Miner Gold card scanned at the gate on game day. Prior to game day, student guest tickets can be purchased on the 1st floor of the Union Building East and the UTEP Ticket Center (2901 North Mesa Street). On game days, student guest tickets can be purchased at the UTEP Ticket Center, the UTEP Ticket Center Eastside Location (1452 North Zaragoza Suite A-500), or the Sun Bowl Box Office."

I bet this will help attendance a lot.

it may not help attendance a lot but they have given students one less hurtle to run through to get to a game instead of staying at there tailgates

"Eligible UTEP students can gain entrance to the venue by having their Miner Gold card scanned at the gate on game day. Prior to game day, student guest tickets can be purchased on the 1st floor of the Union Building East and the UTEP Ticket Center (2901 North Mesa Street). On game days, student guest tickets can be purchased at the UTEP Ticket Center, the UTEP Ticket Center Eastside Location (1452 North Zaragoza Suite A-500), or the Sun Bowl Box Office."

I bet this will help attendance a lot.
Sounds like the 90's.

Reactions: jdubb66
The David Lee/Charlie Bailey era.... the teams were lousy but we had fun at the games
I always thought Baileys teams were on the verge of being good. At least that's how I remember it, maybe it was the whiskey I smuggled into games?

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
They showed improvement as the years went on and the argument could be made that Nord won with Bailey’s players.

I always say Nord truly did something amazing if he won with Bailey's players because coach Bailey sure never won with Bailey's players

My personal belief is that if Paul Smith hadn't fumbled near the goal line in Fresno, and if OC Nord had stuck with one starting QB, either Stuckey or Perez, Bailey's 1999 team would have won 7 or 8 games. I also have no doubt that if Bailey had remained head coach he would have experienced the same success in 2000 that Nord enjoyed.

Back in the 80s you could just go to the ticket window, show your ID and get a ticket so long as they weren't sold out (yes, we had sold out games during the Stull coaching era). Basketball was a little different I think. There were limited student tickets.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
There was a time in the 90s when they stopped giving tickets and let you get in with just your student ID
I think there was even a time in the '90s when you could get in with bread wrappers? Well, it was pretty bad, whatever it was, and we're here again.

Not having to go to the ticket office for students is great thing to get back. When I was there at first you could get in with just showing your student ID. Then they made you go get a ticket at the ticket office by the Don.

Not having to go to the ticket office for students is great thing to get back. When I was there at first you could get in with just showing your student ID. Then they made you go get a ticket at the ticket office by the Don.

I remember UTEP started requiring you to get a Student ticket when the games started selling out especially when people were trying to get guest tickets as well. “IF” UTEP were to turn it around I could see them reverting back to that policy once tickets are in demand which wasn’t a bad thing at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT