ADVERTISEMENT

2019 UTEP Football Draft Class

EMA884

Rookie
Dec 1, 2018
Texas
Who do you guys foresee being drafted into the NFL from UTEP this spring? If I were to guess I'd imagine AJ Hotchkins and Nik Needham have reasonable chances of being drafted, and if not a high chance of being picked up as undrafted free agents. Winston Dimel is another guy I can see being picked up by a team undrafted.

Hotchkins was a great story. He was the best linebacker since the late great Thomas Howard. Unfortunately I'm afraid his ankle will be a medical red flag that will take him off everybody's draft board. Its unfortunate because if he didnt have the ankle problems he wouldn't last past the third round.

I think it was former NFL DB Elvis Patterson who was kiddingly nicknamed "Toast" for obvious reasons. If Needham gets a shot at the NFL, he could be the next "Toast", but he won't. The short sock fashion statement has gotta go!!

I agree. FBs aren’t in high demand, and he’s coming off an injury. Plus he did not do much on the field. Had a couple of costly fumbles.

He did have some costly fumbles, that is true. I specifically remember the one against NAU when UTEP was down 7-0 about halfway through the first quarter. Dimel caught a short pass that was looking like it was going to pick up a first down when he was hit and fumbled in UTEP territory. The short field led to a field goal by NAU and thus a 2-score deficit.

Reactions: John 100
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT