ADVERTISEMENT

2025 bold prediction for UTEP

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I'm probably a tad off and things keep ever changing in College Athletics, but here's a prediction of where UTEP lands in 2025.

2022 Football Bowl Win avg 30,000+ attendance
2023-2024 season Golding takes UTEP Basketball back to the Dance

2025 New Conference for UTEP

MWC New 12 Team Football/10 Team Basketball League after SDSU, Fresno St, Colorado St. and Boise St. move to greener pastures.

UNM
NMSU
Utep
La Tech
Wyoming
Air Force
San Jose St.
Nevada
UNLV
Utah St.
Hawaii (Football Only)
***N. Dakota St *** (Football Only)
*** FCS Expansion Team
All things considered, it'd probably be right behind AAC as far as Football and a possible 2 bid league in Basketball. This is obviously a bit of a reach, but maybe not as much of a reach as it once was.

I'm probably a tad off and things keep ever changing in College Athletics, but here's a prediction of where UTEP lands in 2025.

MWC New 12 Team Football/10 Team Basketball League after SDSU, Fresno St, Colorado St. and Boise St. move to greener pastures.

UNM
NMSU
Utep
La Tech
Wyoming
Air Force
San Jose St.
Nevada
UNLV
Utah St.
Hawaii (Football Only)
*** FCS Expansion Team
All things considered, it'd probably be right behind AAC as far as Football and a possible 2 bid league in Basketball. This is obviously a bit of a reach, but maybe not as much of a reach as it once was.
I wouldn't mind this at all

With how things are changing I don't think this is that far fetched at all. I'm speaking of the predictions of Utep, conference realignment and Nuclear War lol

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
From the Athletic, UTEP in the lowest tier of College Football Programs:

Peasants: Akron, Bowling Green, Charlotte, FIU, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Old Dominion, UTEP, Rice, San Jose State, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Texas State, UConn, ULM, UMass, UNLV

The programs that have the furthest to go. Many have endured long periods of losing. Some are young programs with little history at all. Others are on an upswing, like Old Dominion, and San Jose State won the Mountain West in 2020, but it’ll take a period of success to move up.

With how things are changing I don't think this is that far fetched at all. I'm speaking of the predictions of Utep, conference realignment and Nuclear War lol
If the Big 12 kills the Pac, and that seems more likely than the Pac being stable enough to raid the Mountain West, there would be no chance of UTEP in MWC. That's the scenario that seems most likely at this point.

I think by 2025 a reformed College Football system may be closer to reality where the big conferences combine and leave Conferences like C-USA and the Mac to pick up the pieces.
That's what the majors want and planning for.

UNM
NMSU
Utep
La Tech
Wyoming
Air Force
San Jose St.
Nevada
UNLV
Utah St.
Hawaii (Football Only)
*** FCS Expansion Team
Saban becomes the UTEP HC in 2026 didn't want any of that? lol

UNM
NMSU
Utep
La Tech
Wyoming
Air Force
San Jose St.
Nevada
UNLV
Utah St.
Hawaii (Football Only)
*** FCS Expansion Team
anigif_sub-buzz-4698-1615762687-2.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT