ADVERTISEMENT

3 things I want from our new coach

So is it better to have a "flash in the pan" and "El Paso hating" coach that actually achieves something or have the opposite of those that accomplishes nothing?
Why would he come back? He was unhappy here. Yes he is a great recruiter and good coach. But ran from here as soon as he could. If you all recall rumor had it he told the team at halftime of the NCAA game he was leaving.

Why would he come back? He was unhappy here. Yes he is a great recruiter and good coach. But ran from here as soon as he could. If you all recall rumor had it he told the team at halftime of the NCAA game he was leaving.

Just an FYI- you can't share rumors on here unless you have the facts to back it up.

Nobody is saying that Barbee is going to come back, we are just saying he was a tremendous coach at UTEP.

He ran from UTEP because of the money. Anybody else would do the same thing.

I get what you're saying... but on the flip side, it's not that hard to recruit to kentucky with Calipari's NBA feeder system.

Of course it's hard. You have to convince the recruits to come to Kentucky instead of all of the other big schools and have to convince them that they will be getting playing time.

And no, you couldn't recruit for Kentucky.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
What in the hell does that have to do with Floyd ?? Again we are speaking English? Did I say Floyd was better than barbee or did better??? Nope.... I said I would not want barbee to come back end of story
No you never mentioned Floyd was better than Barbee, but you said Barbee just had one lucky year, which is untrue. You defended Floyd like crazy, so be prepared to take some heat when you discredit one the best coaches UTEP has had. Barbee inherited a mess and showed improvement every season, he just didn't have 1 lucky season.

Just an FYI- you can't share rumors on here unless you have the facts to back it up.

Nobody is saying that Barbee is going to come back, we are just saying he was a tremendous coach at UTEP.

He ran from UTEP because of the money. Anybody else would do the same thing.
That’s why I said it was a rumor. Not a fact.
Minerforlife posted that Senter should bring Barber back, And I merely asked why would he come back.
Most of us have agreed we need to send more money on football, than basketball. If this happens (looks like that is happening) we are not going to pay Barbee super big dollars . The fans didn’t support Barbee when he was here why would they now?

Quit complaining! Geez, we just finished in 2nd place in the coveted, historic Sun Bowl tourney. Howard and UIW are great schools with great academics. Name me another school that can beat teams like that.

Stull and Floyd are gone.

Quit complaining! Geez, we just finished in 2nd place in the coveted, historic Sun Bowl tourney. Howard and UIW are great schools with great academics. Name me another school that can beat teams like that.

That wasn't a complaint. Just a wish for something better. Big difference.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
Coach Tony Barbee brought in a lot of popular and exciting basketball players. The CBI was their ceiling however. This requires no commentary. Derrick Caracter carried a CBI caliber team to the NCAA tournament. If Coach Tony Barbee has a few more Derrick Caracter's up his sleeve, he would be welcomed back.

Coach Tony Barbee brought in a lot of popular and exciting basketball players. The CBI was their ceiling however. This requires no commentary. Derrick Caracter carried a CBI caliber team to the NCAA tournament. If Coach Tony Barbee has a few more Derrick Caracter's up his sleeve, he would be welcomed back.

giphy.gif

Ha ha..... ok.....

Reactions: UTEPy79
Please. No more about Barbee he’s never ever coming back. Let’s get on with the future. We don’t need retreads.

Reactions: MinerJo
Really? Maybe the Aggie boarding would give a shit, I don't.

Tell you what Miner Jo, put me on ignore and don't read my shit anymore if it's that upsetting to you. I mention one thing about the Aggies...their big win...with the EMPHASIS being on how great it would be for UTEP to "get some of that". Some of you guys who can't even hear the word Aggie without getting all bent out of shape are weak. What could cause such inferiority complexes?

Truth is we haven’t had a victory that big in a loooooong time. I guess since 1992 (25+ years). Kudos to NMSU and hopefully we get a good coach that can recruit at UTEP soon. I’ll be honest I didn’t think NMSU’s hire (Jans) was a good one but obviously I was wrong.

In my opinion most of these posts relate to UTEP because all we are doing is saying that we want to have the success that NMSU has had especially in basketball.

How does the WAC compare to CUSA in terms of Conference RPI?

Truth is we haven’t had a victory that big in a loooooong time. I guess since 1992 (25+ years). Kudos to NMSU and hopefully we get a good coach that can recruit at UTEP soon. I’ll be honest I didn’t think NMSU’s hire (Jans) was a good one but obviously I was wrong.

In my opinion most of these posts relate to UTEP because all we are doing is saying that we want to have the success that NMSU has had especially in basketball.

How does the WAC compare to CUSA in terms of Conference RPI?

Last year the WAC was better. The leagues are pretty even. I don't consider NMSU a rival. I guess it depends where you live. I think about 60% of Miner fans don't care one or another about NMSU. 40% of Miner fans hate them. I've never thought projecting NMSU as a rival was good for UTEP. As for NMSU is impressive what they do with far fewer resources than UTEP. Nobody does less with more than UTEP, hopefully that's changing.

Reactions: El Paso 777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT