Texas Western 72, Colorado State 55
Texas Western 73, New Mexico State 56
Seattle 74, Texas Western 72
Texas Western 89, Oklahoma City 74
Texas Western 78, Cincinnati 76 (OT)
Texas Western 81, Kansas 80 (2OT)
Texas Western 85, Utah 78
Texas Western 72, Kentucky 65

Wow. Hard to believe it was that long ago. The rebounder on the front page is Harry Flournoy - only 6'5" but could leap out of the gym. Perhaps one of the best rebounders for his size that I have ever seen. Years after leaving TWC, ran into Harry in Long Beach. He was playing in a basketball league. I was on the opposite team. Remained good friends until he moved to Georgia after his retirement a couple of years ago. His only regret was that their 1965 team did not also win the NCAA championship - He always believed, along with Haskins that this team headed by "Bad News" Barnes was the best team ever fielded at TWC - UTEP.

Good to see the "Lynching Frenzy" for Tim has subsided! I find it hard to believe that anyone in this board takes a Miner loss harder than I. Losing to Middle Tenn was the hardest because we were definitely the better team. Losing to Murray was also tough, but the reality check was easier to accept:- their team had superior players. Smaller than us, but quicker, faster and much more talented on the perimeter and on the paint! I am sure it is the player standard that Tim wants to achieve with his future teams. I still support Tim as our head coach - has been a winner throughout his long collegiate coaching career - excellent recruiter. - good person and he loves El Paso! Lets just all kick back and be more tolerant - with a good point guard and a good shooter or 2 - we will be back to the dance! Keep the faith Miner fans!

Best birthday gift a kid could have ever asked for! I had just turned 9!
This post was edited on 3/19 1:47 PM by HUteP

Almost time to light the cigars, Texas Southern, Baylor and Texas have gone down. SMU up on UCLA (wouldn't mind them beating UCLA). Will probably light the cigars Saturday or next week. SMU won't be winning the whole thing.

Originally posted by allminer:

Almost time to light the cigars, Texas Southern, Baylor and Texas have gone down. SMU up on UCLA (wouldn't mind them beating UCLA). Will probably light the cigars Saturday or next week. SMU won't be winning the whole thing.
SMU lost in a bizarre ending. Just Sam Houston St. left.

SFA is the strongest team from texas thos year. Theu could be this years version of VCU or Butler.

Originally posted by El Paso Chihuahuas:

SMU got robbed quite frankly. Only Stephen F. Austin left. Stephen F. Austin does have a good team. I could see them Sweet Sixteen. Final Four team though? Nope.

This post was edited on 3/19 4:32 PM by allminer

This post was edited on 3/19 2:34 PM by allminer

Originally posted by El Paso Chihuahuas:

SMU got robbed quite frankly. Forgot about Sam Houston and Stephen F. Austin. Stephen F. Austin does have a good team. Final Four team though? Nope.
I actually picked SFA to make the final four in my bracket

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT