ADVERTISEMENT

6-10 3star center commits

Sounds like a good pick up. In reading about him, he just underwent surgery for scar tissue problem on his kidney's. He's heard from some heavyweights, Georgetown, Michigan, Iowa, Vandy, Kansas, just to name a few. He only had two other offers though. Also, played Football.

Next seasons team is looking like a complete overhaul, but its not like we are breaking up the '27 Yankees.

Welcome aboard Mr. St. Pierre. You are a great addition to an already impressive recruiting class. Together with our returnees UTEP might make some noise next year.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Interesting that he is actually ranked by legit recruiting websites, a 3-star guy, but there isn't a single highlight video longer than seven seconds on him or my searching sucks. Would love to see some film or highlights before passing full judgment.

Either way he seems like a decent get though, imo he redshirts behind Willms, and KJ barring any injuries or any professional basketball aspirations from this current group of 'big men'.

Gotta give it to Timmy, he can find himself some talent, but......

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
Reactions: develman
Floyd will slap the Millennial wimp right out of him.

[Some time in the very, very near future during his seasonal radio show at some local brew house that serves beer from every county in Texas]: "We recruited Joey out of Illinois to provide some size and muscle since Wilms is gone but he transferred (add your comment here)________________________________________"

Not to burst anyone's bubble but the kid is a "home boy" he felt Homesick living 2 hours from friends and family. So he transferred middle of the year back home, he had to sit out the rest of his junior year. Let's hope he's grown up a little since then. see article http://www.nwherald.com/2016/01/05/...re-transfers-back-to-richmond-burton/ao9rp1p/

Actually, this article states he transferred because he couldn't find playing time behind two other 6-10 players. http://m.nwherald.com/2017/01/23/hi...rward-joey-st-pierre-commits-to-utep/amlfnc9/

Kid is not afraid of contact so he should be a useful tool for Jones and Thomas during practice. Most ballers don't (like) taking up football that late in their HS career.

Actually, this article states he transferred because he couldn't find playing time behind two other 6-10 players. http://m.nwherald.com/2017/01/23/hi...rward-joey-st-pierre-commits-to-utep/amlfnc9/
St. Pierre played varsity basketball as a freshman and sophomore at R-B and has drawn NCAA Division I offers from New Mexico and Illinois-Chicago. He transferred over the summer to play at La Lumiere but said he missed his family and friends and wanted to come back to R-B. Under IHSA rules, St. Pierre cannot play this season.

His size is a welcomed addition and joy to be a Miner should be embraced.

BTW, I just finished a religous convention this past weekend. Reality should return to normal in a day or two.

Interesting that he is actually ranked by legit recruiting websites, a 3-star guy, but there isn't a single highlight video longer than seven seconds on him or my searching sucks. Would love to see some film or highlights before passing full judgment.

Either way he seems like a decent get though, imo he redshirts behind Willms, and KJ barring any injuries or any professional basketball aspirations from this current group of 'big men'.

Gotta give it to Timmy, he can find himself some talent, but......

If he actually makes it to campus and stays thru a redshirt year and actually plays for UTEP, then he should be a welcome addition to the team. Not holding my breath because of Floyds recruiting history.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Big kid. Has D-1 size already. The biggest obstacle will be getting healthy. He's scheduled to have surgery for a kidney issue this Feb. He needs to understand that he needs to bide his time and develop into a player. He won't be one for a few years.

Big kid. Has D-1 size already. The biggest obstacle will be getting healthy. He's scheduled to have surgery for a kidney issue this Feb. He needs to understand that he needs to bide his time and develop into a player. He won't be one for a few years.
He can always ask Wilmms for advice on that.

Ah ha! Tryin to trick me Kickball? Found him anyhow! It's Bruce Stevens not Steves. 6'8", 260 lbs. Been saying for a long time that we need a big banger. This sounds like the answer indeed!

Just offered a big JUCO PF from Mississippi named Bruce Steves. Big body power forward who can score and rebound. He's ready now.

Wow, you weren't kidding! Very nice inside-outside game and he looks like a (NBA size) man amongst boys in his juco highlites. Not quite a Derrick Caracter but his range surpasses what Caracter brought to UTEP. I think the "fire Floyd" sentiment will quietly go away if we sign him and if he makes it to the opening tip (because Miner fans know nothing is for sure even after a LOI). How in the heck on God's green earth is he not on a p5 roster?

31709965711_1f016c7e49_z.jpg

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6685635/bruce-stevens

Wow, you weren't kidding! Very nice inside-outside game and he looks like a (NBA size) man amongst boys in his juco highlites. Not quite a Derrick Caracter but his range surpasses what Caracter brought to UTEP. I think the "fire Floyd" sentiment will quietly go away if we sign him and if he makes it to the opening tip (because Miner fans know nothing is for sure even after a LOI). How in the heck on God's green earth is he not on a p5 roster?

Not ready to compare him to D.C.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
I can't imagine any coach would want him jacking up 3s. Let him post up down low and move people.

Oh please. I'm tired of hearing that one player is going to surpass what another player did and that he is going to revive the basketball program.

Fuk yeah! That dude definitely has some Caracter in him. Nice soft touch. Nice body control for a big. Great strength. I gotta give Floyd props if this kid actually makes it to UTEP. Nice get.

UAB is starting their football team from scratch. Yet at this rate, next season our basketball team might end up with more new players than their football team.

Anyway, we have only offered, we appear to be a ways off from signing this guy. Also, what is the status on Ladarius Brewer, he is still being reported as a commitment to us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT