ADVERTISEMENT

A terrible loss

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
This was a terrible loss. Metz played bad. He had happy feet all night, his accuracy was atrocious. He made bad reads all night. His first full game against fbs competition didnt go well. Its not too far of a stretch to say Metz lost that one. Its clear we have no backs, for whatever reason Hughes isnt playing. I have no idea why he cant be worse than what we have. The oline continues to disapoint we cant get tough yards. Might be time for Gatewood to replace Lee at center. I think talent wise Gatewood is second best lineman on the team.

Defensively we played better. We still dont keep the edge and have a hard time with flow. I was very impressed with Sky Logan. He played a great game. Alvin Jones is a beast another big game from him. Kalon Beverly is an absolute stud by next year he will be a lockdown corner. Im really impressed with his growth week to week.I think its time to start Carlile he's a big hitter and sure tackler. Evetytime hes on the field he makes plays.

This is a game we cant lose. We have already been passed by SMU and Houston. We risk being passed by Texas State and UTSA. This was a bad loss the low point of the Kugler era. We no longer can wait years for improvement. The more worrying thing is the lack of fan interest. We used to have the best support in conference. Now we are losing fans and losing on the field to UTSA. Thats not good for the future of UTEP athletics. It may be time for an AD with fresh eyes. We need a new marketing strategy, and in this day and age we cant pay our bball coach more than our football coach. We may well have to run the bball program with a cut down skeleton staff and put that money into football. This was a bad loss on multiple fronts.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT