ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian Moore

Damn!!! Pardon my disappointment, I just thought there was finally some news on Moore when I saw the bolded thread title on him.

Curious as to why the media hasn't honed in on him like they did the other freshmen/new comers.

UTEP set up pressers for all incoming freshmen except Moore and Silva. There has to be something to that. Either they're not on campus, not qualified yet, prop 48 or something.

Yea I was. Unfortunately they were kicked off campus a couple of years ago. I actually got an email the other day that they will be allowed on campus this coming Fall. Hopefully nationals sends a team in to recolonize soon.

Yea I was. Unfortunately they were kicked off campus a couple of years ago. I actually got an email the other day that they will be allowed on campus this coming Fall. Hopefully nationals sends a team in to recolonize soon.

Make wise choices and you won't have to recolonize.

They didn't do anything bad, I was one of the advisers at the time. A few other fraternities have been kicked out as well for whats hard for me to consider hazing. Our guys got in trouble for being forced to dress different, i.e. blazer with shirt and tie. Since actives dont have to wear that its considered hazing haha. Granted this was the "last straw" but the other things weren't bad. Personally im pro kicking off chapters that are too far gone/infected with bad apples but UTEP is just not a Greek friendly campus and the world is rejecting these types of orgs.

They didn't do anything bad, I was one of the advisers at the time. A few other fraternities have been kicked out as well for whats hard for me to consider hazing. Our guys got in trouble for being forced to dress different, i.e. blazer with shirt and tie. Since actives dont have to wear that its considered hazing haha. Granted this was the "last straw" but the other things weren't bad. Personally im pro kicking off chapters that are too far gone/infected with bad apples but UTEP is just not a Greek friendly campus and the world is rejecting these types of orgs.
A person freely submits to these things in order to participate/become part of this or any other group! If a complaint to the school came from one of these pledges, the University has no business interfering! It is a commitment between two parties. There is a great distinction between acts that have led to malicious humiliation and/or death and something that creates a lasting bond/brotherhood between a group of "brothers/friends/team-mates"! Things such as requiring the wearing of coats and ties creates a commonality amongst the pledges and the larger group as a whole! What about sports teams on campus, if you care to apply it evenly! They are required to wear the same coats and ties when traveling or attending certain funtions! Or breaking down an individual(s) so as to rebuild them to your needs/specifications!

The world should reject the Oklahoma University types and they also give a bad perception to an already skewed view of these type of groups! Animal House gave a very bad perception of fraternities as elitists, snobs, and A-holes!!!

When I was in school,1970's, we got along well with all frats, non-frats, service groups, and indepedents. I had something in common with every pledge and member. Some personality clashes, but in what group does that not happen! We had 30-40 pledges from all walks of life! We had great intramural teams and had a good reputation for service and academics! I stopped participating when the house was lost! There were a bunch of idiots there that did not represent they way it was meant to be represented! I think the quality of new pledges was watered down for the sake of keeping/getting the numbers of members up. I certainly hope that the new generation is of better quality! :rolleyes::cool:

Yeah I thought I was in some kind of alternative universe when I talked to the admin. Essentially they considered it hazing because your treating the pledges differently than the actives. Owning dress clothes as a young man is a positive in my book and all actives did the same thing. We would even buy used blazers for the guys that had money troubles. I honestly think they (UTEP) just sees these social organizations as too much of a liability so they try and remove them.

Nationals knew it was BS so they allowed Ksig to continue but the chapter slowly died off because they weren't recognized by UTEP. Its hard to tells kids to pay dues and participate in a group that cant be involved in ANY utep function haha. They couldn't recruit on campus or rent rooms to hold meetings.

Ok..... But has anyone heard anything about Moore? Haven't seen anything mentioned with him

Bueller........Bueller.......Bueller. Anyone know whether Moore pledged Sig or not?

All's I can tell you is Moore is on the UTEP student roster but then again, so is Silva. BTW, UTEP just got a commitment from a very athletic 2016 guard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT