ADVERTISEMENT

awful quiet...

We just came out of the dead period at noon today. I expect moves!
Division I Men’s Basketball Dead Periods
  • November 6-9, 2017
  • December 24-26, 2017
  • March 29 through noon on April 5, 2018
  • April 9-12, 2018
  • May 17-25, 2018
  • July 6-31, 2018: Dead period, except:
    • 5 p.m. on July 11 through 5 p.m. on July 15, 2018: Evaluation period
    • 5 p.m. on July 18 through 5 p.m. on July 22, 2018: Evaluation period
    • 5 p.m. on July 25 through 5 p.m. on July 29, 2018: Evaluation period

I thought he had named several of his former Fresno St staff were joining him with the exception of the guy who was named interim HC.

I thought he had named several of his former Fresno St staff were joining him with the exception of the guy who was named interim HC.
Yes they are already assistants on Utep Website not sure why an announcement was never officially made or why Terrys contract hasn't been made public either?

Yes they are already assistants on Utep Website not sure why an announcement was never officially made or why Terrys contract hasn't been made public either?
They are NOT listed on the Athletics page and it was only 2 of them that had said on Twitter that they were coming.

They are NOT listed on the Athletics page and it was only 2 of them that had said on Twitter that they were coming.
Well they say they're Utep Assistants I don't think they'd put that unless it was official. They don't say they're coming. They say Utep Assistants on their Twitter.

Well they say they're Utep Assistants I don't think they'd put that unless it was official. They don't say they're coming. They say Utep Assistants on their Twitter.
True. Nick Matson has been tweeting out a lot of El Paso pictures and his profile says UTEP assistant men’s basketball coach. Same for Brian Burton.

Reactions: Lil_Train
As long as we see something by signing day in a couple of weeks hopefully it'll be some kids that can help right a way and they're taking their time.
Just pointing out how slow the process has been. By this time, coach Floyd would have had 3 commits and 4 transfers. He got me addicted to the action.

I'm guessing Terry is taking his time finding a third assistant, and a DOBO or has struck out on potentiality candidates and is still in the process, then UTEP will announce it all at once the entire staff is in penciled in. Surprised it's taken this long, but with the tourney over I'd expect the full staff to be in place by the time the late signing period starts. Just a guess....

Fresno State selected their new coach this week. I would be surprised if Byron Jones does not follow Terry to UTEP.

Reactions: axingfools1
... and been ejected twice, suspended two players and a trainer, and written an op-ed for EPT describing the national disgrace of NCAA transfer rules.
Can we move on? It's a broken record. I think this line has been over used.

I hope we hear something this week, its eerily quiet. I hope that's good as far as Utep not losing any transfers, but nervouse we're not hearing n e recruits for signing period. Unless Terry is waiting for Graduate transfers he's targeted and can't comment .

Last edited:
I do find it curious that we’re hearing more about 2019/2020 recruits picking up offers from UTEP. Maybe he’s just gonna Billy G. this season and run with a shortened roster and hope to get talent next year.

1369.gif

Just as was the case for football...tough to recruit due to timing. Can’t judge this class or the results of this upcoming season.

Well late signing period does run through May 16th and graduate transfers can still come in after that. Maybe its better if Terry uses all the time given to bring in the right pieces.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Hopeful
Well late signing period does run through May 16th and graduate transfers can still come in after that. Maybe its better if Terry uses all the time given to bring in the right pieces.
It would be good if Terry is able to lure 2/3 JC bigs during the late signing period. We should hopefully be hearing of some official visits soon. I'm not expecting much in terms of high school guys this late.

Last edited:
He has a good nucleus for a team if he keeps all the current players. He just needs to add strategic pieces around the court.

If Deshaun Taylor doesn't go pro, still got a shot at him with Byron Jones not getting Fresno job. We definitely need an immediate impact big man or 2.

I mentioned that previously but got butterflies mating in the background for a response.

Reactions: nattybry
Considering all the fuss that the Football team and Senter make on Social Media, the Basketball staff is quite a contrast. If someone on the FB team farts, we know about it. We ain't heard nothin from the BBAll squad.

Considering all the fuss that the Football team and Senter make on Social Media, the Basketball staff is quite a contrast. If someone on the FB team farts, we know about it. We ain't heard nothin from the BBAll squad.

Dimel embraces social media "a todo". I learned that the embarrassing way when he got hired when I posted a Twitter post of his from his KSU days and not paying attention to time stamp. I got called on it on here and rightly so.

Coach Terry is obviously different and he just started so he's up against the recruiting clock and so there's "what's going on factor". Give the man the benefit of the doubt.

Dimel embraces social media "a todo". I learned that the embarrassing way when he got hired when I posted a Twitter post of his from his KSU days and not paying attention to time stamp. I got called on it on here and rightly so.

Coach Terry is obviously different and he just started so he's up against the recruiting clock and so there's "what's going on factor". Give the man the benefit of the doubt.
It’s interesting that out of all the new hires from Senter to Dimel and all the assistant coaches the only one that is verified is Terry. So his Twitter game is strong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT