ADVERTISEMENT

awful quiet...

Not to worry bro. There will be lots of YouTube videos coming soon. Some posters will say they've seen the next Kevin Durant, others will say, the next Klay Thompson. Others, Dwight Howard.

Stay patient, Sweet 16 and CUSA championship predictions will be heard all summer. Exciting times ahead.
Bs. Not all of us are as positive as you are negative. Most on here are realistic and expect a season right at .500 or a few games under/over.

Not to worry bro. There will be lots of YouTube videos coming soon. Some posters will say they've seen the next Kevin Durant, others will say, the next Klay Thompson. Others, Dwight Howard.

Stay patient, Sweet 16 and CUSA championship predictions will be heard all summer. Exciting times ahead.

Dwight Howard overrated.

8 days until signing day.
I think you are correct..."Awful" quiet as opposed to "Awfully" quiet. The silence is deafening although there are those who no doubt expect a lot of good results soon. Just be patient. It would be nice for starters just to get some news on our returnees.

Bs. Not all of us are as positive as you are negative. Most on here are realistic and expect a season right at .500 or a few games under/over.

What have I posted that is negative? I'm merely pointing out facts.

Can you point me to where I said "This person sucks, I wish he would leave" or "UTEP just sucks, they should drop to D2". Only talking UTEP personnel only. Many of the posters on here so suck or have bad info. Like @utep2step who claims UTEP has a 2 game winning streak versus Michigan. Lol

Reactions: JCorona
What have I posted that is negative? I'm merely pointing out facts.

Can you point me to where I said "This person sucks, I wish he would leave" or "UTEP just sucks, they should drop to D2". Only talking UTEP personnel only. Many of the posters on here so suck or have bad info. Like @utep2step who claims UTEP has a 2 game winning streak versus Michigan. Lol
Ok so it’s 2 out of the last 3 vs Michigan. Thank god you’re here to correct all the bad info circulating. Lol.

Is going to be quiet. We have a new coach who got started right before the late signing. Even top coaches struggle with their first class simply because of a time crunch. He's got a rebuild on his hands, he inherited a bad program. It will take him at least 2 years to build a foundation. I think year three we will compete for a conference title.

You are efinition Of a Troll! Your posts don't contribute, you just like to stir up trouble on this bored when that is no ones intention. People want to get and give info and yes they make predictions some right some not right. Its called opinions some based on reliable info that just don't pan out. Its called the Ryan Leaf Theory! Anyways as far as valuable recruiting info this close to signing day I agree too many crickets......
We have been in a 8 day basketball recruiting dead period, which ends tomorrow(April 5th). Contact with potential recruits can start again tomorrow.
That makes sense

You are efinition Of a Troll! Your posts don't contribute, you just like to stir up trouble on this bored when that is no ones intention. People want to get and give info and yes they make predictions some right some not right. Its called opinions some based on reliable info that just don't pan out. Its called the Ryan Leaf Theory! Anyways as far as valuable recruiting info this close to signing day I agree too many crickets......

What is the definition of efinition? Bored? You must mean board.

I make predictions too, mine are just factually and reality based. I do not go off of YouTube videos. I wait till I see them play, that's if they even get on the roster.

What is the definition of efinition? Bored? You must mean board.

I make predictions too, mine are just factually and reality based. I do not go off of YouTube videos. I wait till I see them play, that's if they even get on the roster.
We get it that we have sucked the last eight years. We get it that Loyola, UTSA, UH, TCU and whatever other school is winning has done more than us. Do you have constantly bring that up? It’s a new regime. If you don’t like the product that’s fine don’t buy it.

You remind me of one of those customers that has a bad experience at a restaurant and they go and write bad reviews on google and yelp. That’s fine too. But then we look at all your reviews and every restaurant you eat at is followed up by a bad review. So your message loses value since nothing is ever good enough for you.

Me on the other hand if a restaurant does me wrong with bad service or shitty food. I move on and take my money elsewhere. No need to spam google and yelp with all my negativity.

Try it. Silence is more powerful than all the bitching and complaining you do.

Guys, give ShovelMan a break.

He is after all, against all impossibility, the love child of.................Oscar The Grouch and Eeyore.

It’s in his DNA. Can you imagine, even for a second, the environment his two dads created? Poor fella never had a chance.

Me on the other hand if a restaurant does me wrong with bad service or shitty food. I move on and take my money elsewhere. No need to spam google and yelp with all my negativity.

Try it. Silence is more powerful than all the bitching and complaining you do.

I have taken my money elsewhere and so have many other Miner fans. You can look at any game photos from last season.

I chime in when I want, because I can. Just like any of you. Do I post all the time? No. I like to shit on other people's dumb or misinformed postings.

If you don't wanna get shoveled, come correct. Start your own message board if you don't wanna see people getting shovled.

I have taken my money elsewhere and so have many other Miner fans. You can look at any game photos from last season.

I chime in when I want, because I can. Just like any of you. Do I post all the time? No. I like to shit on other people's dumb or misinformed postings.

If you don't wanna get shoveled, come correct. Start your own message board if you don't wanna see people getting shovled.
Nice, now take your dumb posts elsewhere also. The ODU board does a lot of shit talking about UTEP that seems like a more natural board for you.

Reactions: Cube Jack
I don't like ODU though. Why would I go there? This is the only board I post on. No interest in posting on other team's boards. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Then that’s perfect. Based on your posts it clearly indicates you don’t like UTEP yet you’re still here.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Just because I don't like their results most of the last 26 years and don't like the way they've treated fans, doesn't mean I don't like them. Sorry I don't wear orange bloomers and shades of 365/24/7.

I’m 100% confident that none of us on here are fully satisfied with the results of the past 26 years. That doesn’t entitle you to torment true long time UTEP fans with all your negativity. It’s one thing if it’s coming from a prominent booster but you have proudly admitted you don’t attend games or help the university out financially.

We all post the good the bad and the ugly. You focus on only the bad and ugly. As stated before Senter, Dimel, and Terry have had nothing to do with the last 26 years.

I’m sticking around for the rebuild and helping out whichever way I can. I know that feeling when we finally win will be sweet after enduring so much losing.

Reactions: axingfools1
I’m 100% confident that none of us on here are fully satisfied with the results of the past 26 years. That doesn’t entitle you to torment true long time UTEP fans with all your negativity. It’s one thing if it’s coming from a prominent booster but you have proudly admitted you don’t attend games or help the university out financially.

We all post the good the bad and the ugly. You focus on only the bad and ugly. As stated before Senter, Dimel, and Terry have had nothing to do with the last 26 years.

I’m sticking around for the rebuild and helping out whichever way I can. I know that feeling when we finally win will be sweet after enduring so much losing.

I've already asked you to provide an example of a "negative" post. Please show us.

Senter, Dimel, and Terry haven't been here for the last 26 years, you're right. They haven't won any games yet either. Fans are just supposed to magically believe that they will win bowl games and make the NCAAs?

Senter is active on Twitter and has done some town halls. What changes has he made so far? I'm sure he will eventually, but what has he implemented that has fans wanting to fork over their dough for UTEP?

Nothing has changed except for the people in charge. I will wait and see what changes and promises they have in store before I start predicting CUSA championships.

I've already asked you to provide an example of a "negative" post. Please show us.

Senter, Dimel, and Terry haven't been here for the last 26 years, you're right. They haven't won any games yet either. Fans are just supposed to magically believe that they will win bowl games and make the NCAAs?

Senter is active on Twitter and has done some town halls. What changes has he made so far? I'm sure he will eventually, but what has he implemented that has fans wanting to fork over their dough for UTEP?

Nothing has changed except for the people in charge. I will wait and see what changes and promises they have in store before I start predicting CUSA championships.

Enjoy the journey. Rome wasn’t created in a day, as they say. The rebuild won’t happen overnight.

As the success of the program increases, will your decrease in misery be commensurate? Or will we be subjected to your complaining until there is another banner hanging from the rafters?

Enjoy the journey. Rome wasn’t created in a day, as they say. The rebuild won’t happen overnight.

As the success of the program increases, will your decrease in misery be commensurate? Or will we be subjected to your complaining until there is another banner hanging from the rafters?

I will give all of them multiple years to get it going. You won't see me on here calling for their replacement next season.

I am not miserable. Just because I look at things from an objective point of view, does not infer my state of happiness.

What do you mean by banner? I don't expect UTEP to win another national championship ever. It would be nice to see some conference champs, tournament champs, and NCAA banners though.

I will give all of them multiple years to get it going. You won't see me on here calling for their replacement next season.

I am not miserable. Just because I look at things from an objective point of view, does not infer my state of happiness.

What do you mean by banner? I don't expect UTEP to win another national championship ever. It would be nice to see some conference champs, tournament champs, and NCAA banners though.

You are far from objective. Objectivity captures “something” from multiple angles. There is almost always a negative slant to what you post. Either you’re the only one who’s perspective is accurate, OR...perhaps there is legitimacy to the many forum members that think your posts reek of eternal pessimism. Just sayin.

By banner I just meant conference championships, cusa tourney championships, trips to the Big One...

Do something better...go away for a few years and WAIT and see how things play out. Anything else from you is just trolling and you should be banned.....

I will admit I see my beloved Miners thru "Rose Colored" glasses. I offer no apologies. I met Haskins as a lad and from right there I knew where I belonged. UTEP has tons of critics and I had to learn that's ok. Floyd and Kugler were painful for me because they're Miner family, but I see a new tomorrow.

Reactions: picks up
Shovel head is the type of person that would tell his mom on a daily basis that she is fat and disgusting because it’s a fact. Everybody knows it, but good’ol shovel head has to remind her incessantly. Is that just being factual and realistic or just a straight up A-hole...you tell me.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
Just some thoughts:

UAB has lost all of their upperclassman (4 transfers) but have a good freshman and recruiting class.

Marshall should win CUSA next year. WKU should be top 4. MTSU lost a lot.

UTEP is down to 7-8 schollarship players (plus or minus Ochieng since we have heard nothing from him). Terry has to go after a big man if we are to do any damage this year. I just don't think that we can last long with only Smith and Thomas.

Nick Marshall is still available.
Connor Vanover decommited from Memphis.
Chris Sodom was dismissed from Georgetown (unknown reasons). He would have to sit out a year.

Looks like K. Jones would have easily been a starter this year.....

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Just some thoughts:

UAB has lost all of their upperclassman (4 transfers) but have a good freshman and recruiting class.

UTEP is down to 7-8 schollarship players (plus or minus Ochieng since we have heard nothing from him). Terry has to go after a big man if we are to do any damage this year. I just don't think that we can last long with only Smith and Thomas.

Chris Sodom was dismissed from Georgetown (unknown reasons). He would have to sit out a year.

Appears that Jones really flopped at Odessa so maybe he wasn't what we thought he was when he was here as a frosh.

What is also distressing is that we've had a head coach for about a month and still don't have a staff complete. Why are we stuck in neutral?

Just some thoughts:

Marshall has three key players that have declared for the draft in Elmore, Penava, and Burks. If any of them don’t return Marshall might take a few steps back. ODU lost Trey Porter to the transfer market.

The top teams in the conference are taking big hits.

Marshall has three key players that have declared for the draft in Elmore, Penava, and Burks. If any of them don’t return Marshall might take a few steps back. ODU lost Trey Porter to the transfer market.

The top teams in the conference are taking big hits.
I wasn't aware of the Marshall players declaring. I think they all come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT