ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news for football

Ehhh. Same old song and dance with construction/contractors. At least the contractor hasn't dropped ship and left like they did on the highway project or the Hotel Paso Del Norte.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Contractors, as a whole, in El Paso suck major ass. I've been trying to open a place for 3 years. Good thing I have a great backer......

Contractors, as a whole, in El Paso suck major ass. I've been trying to open a place for 3 years. Good thing I have a great backer......
"open a place"

Hmmm. Open a shoe store? Start a bakery? Or, better, what about an authentic sports bar, close to campus where we can go to celebrate UTEP basketball and football victories?

Do tell.

There are way too many bars near UTEP and the rent is crazy for all locations. I did think about the corner spot across from the Don for a bar as it is bar ready, but the landlord wants around 10k rent, that's why it still sits empty 3 years later.

I am trying in a more remote location to get more of a neighborhood crowd. Small. Cozy. Eats and drinks.....

Reactions: HeWore62
There are way too many bars near UTEP and the rent is crazy for all locations. I did think about the corner spot across from the Don for a bar as it is bar ready, but the landlord wants around 10k rent, that's why it still sits empty 3 years later.

I am trying in a more remote location to get more of a neighborhood crowd. Small. Cozy. Eats and drinks.....
Ohhhhh, so you really do have a food/beverage jones.

If you get to feeling froggy, and jump, let us know. As a UTEP Miner forever, would be proud to patronize your joint. Who's with me?

I'm with HeWore 62. Get it open by September and I'll make your bar my pre and post game spot for football games.

There is too much work in EP these days. Everyone in construction is in high demand. Not unusual for a contractor to leave a small job to do a bigger, higher paying one.

I like tortugas. I’ve only been there once, but I had a good time. My visit was after the USM game. It has an upscale feel to it. Drink specials were spot on and the bar staff are very nice. The clientele looked more like business professionals than just people trying to get hammered. I met some nice folks that night. If I still lived in EP I would visit there more often after the games.

I like tortugas. I’ve only been there once, but I had a good time. My visit was after the USM game. It has an upscale feel to it. Drink specials were spot on and the bar staff are very nice. The clientele looked more like business professionals than just people trying to get hammered. I met some nice folks that night. If I still lived in EP I would visit there more often after the games.

Obviously it wasn’t a Friday or Saturday night when you went. I haven’t been there in a couple of years but when I did they had a rap duo screaming out f-bombs and mudefukers and biatches. Haven’t been there since so I don’t know if it’s changed.

Well, the crowd at Tortugas does change after 10 pm. I don't know about the muddafukas in stuff because I've never experienced it personally, but I do know it's a club feel weekend nights. Us older guys wouldn't be comfy with it. The way I understand it, the DJ on Friday is hip hop, and saturday is more what's trending now.
I've seen the day crowd and it's older, like retired folks. Happy hour seems more swing shift kinda people.
I guess bars need to cater to many different types in order to stay afloat. It seems to be a trendy place though.

I'd like something more small scale as Tortugas is big. Additional plug....Pelicans next door is the bomb!

Reactions: minerfan_14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT