ADVERTISEMENT

Big Game Today

Steve Forbes is on the verge of landing a huge payday and at bigger school. Accepting the UTEP job doesn’t benefit him in any way.
True but it gives us a good idea on the type of coach Senter wants for the job.

I don’t buy it. They are playing in the semifinals of their conference tournament trying to win it. Maybe after the tournament but not this past week even if he had connections with Senter. Add in that he just signed a contract extension last month with an increase in pay and a half million dollar buy-out. Don’t see UTEP paying that off on top of a big salary.

Forbes would be a good hire and there are always ways around contracts. East Tennessee St is just trying to keep him. Something I guess we didn't do with Barbee.

I do remember that he was a part of Pearl's staff at Tennessee when they lied about hosting a player on an unofficial visit at Pearl's house. Hopefully he has learned his lesson. I guess Pearl has and is now an SEC champion at Auburn. Forbes is definitely a winner, but I prefer an active assistant from a big time program (like the guy from Virginia).

Not surprising that Senter would go after Forbes, if true. Forbes and Senter worked together at Idaho, and I would be an outstanding hire. At this point, I am with Kappy on Kelly Anne.

You guys are lucky! I’d like to be on her at this point too. Bada bing!!!

Bad joke? Just a little sophomoric humor to keep it light. She’s smokin’.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I don’t buy it. They are playing in the semifinals of their conference tournament trying to win it. Maybe after the tournament but not this past week even if he had connections with Senter. Add in that he just signed a contract extension last month with an increase in pay and a half million dollar buy-out. Don’t see UTEP paying that off on top of a big salary.
I was thinking if the Senter - Forbes interaction occurred, it happened earlier than yesterday. By now, Senter and the hiring firm are working through putting together a list of potential candidates. That's why I was a bit skeptical of interviews occuring yesterday; if some did occur yesterday, they are likely just the preliminaries to the formal interviews.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Same

If I remember correctly, you were a year ahead of me. 87 grad?
Yep, I'm pretty sure we know a lot of the same guys, eventhough you are a youngster ;) In fact, you may also know a couple of La High guys who also post on the board from time to time. I would say more, but you never know who is googling us as we speak. We need to find a good, secure way to get in touch.

Yep, I'm pretty sure we know a lot of the same guys, eventhough you are a youngster. In fact, you may also know a couple of La High guys who also post on the board from time to time. I would say more, but you never know who is googling us as we speak. We need to find a good, secure way to get in touch.

Haha. Very true. I’ve touched base with several others on here by first posting my email address. Being that a certain poster dug it up and re-posted it not too long ago, I suppose doing so one more time can’t hurt. Hit me up whenever you get a chance.

stillpoint1111@yahoo.com

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT