ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NIL Scam

Did Alabama not give him cash? Will they give him cash again? Something needs to be done to protect these businesses and collectives against getting scammed out of their investments
The universities do not and cannot give him cash, so no, Alabama did not give him cash.

He was paid for his name, image, and likeness, so presumably whatever entities in Iowa and Alabama that paid him now have the right to put his face on a billboard. That's the contract. He's not officially being compensated to play for a particular university; he's being compensated for the use of his name, image, and likeness.

https://notthebee.com/article/an-al...ack-to-the-tide-just-a-couple-of-months-later

Contracts should be up next or this will not stop. Did Alabama not give him cash? Will they give him cash again? Something needs to be done to protect these businesses and collectives against getting scammed out of their investments
It's almost as bad as a guy who transfers to A&M (collects NIL$) for a summer but never plays. Goes back to his old school (collects NIL$), gets "hurt" after 4 games, and maintains a year of eligibility. Then transfers again to Cincinnati and collects more NIL$.

“one bad apple spoils the whole barrel."

Alabama does not play moral, “for the love of the game” football. That crap went out the window for them twenty to twenty five years ago when they faced the death penalty square in the face.

But I don’t feel for Iowa, either. I’m sure their white linens have some dirty stains, too.

It's almost as bad as a guy who transfers to A&M (collects NIL$) for a summer but never plays. Goes back to his old school (collects NIL$), gets "hurt" after 4 games, and maintains a year of eligibility. Then transfers again to Cincinnati and collects more NIL$.
On one hand, I don’t blame Tyrin, get what you can get. On the other, shouldn’t the coaches take the blame on this one?

First, he tried to transfer from UTEP and didn’t like what was out there, so Dimel let him back. Played the year, then portaled again to A&M. “School credit issues” and then Dimel lets him come back a 2nd time. What an idiot.

Then he quits after 4 games, how convenient. I am cool with Dimel letting him back the first time, but why the second time? Why never address it or call him out? Why would the coaching staff at Cincinnati actually want him on the team?

I don’t fault any of these guys for getting paid. Especially if they came from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.

NIL is a joke. If businesses want to throw money at players, then that's their prerogative, but I still think it's dumb. Nobody cares about a freshman tackle at UT enough to give him 100k or whatever. The dude hasn't even played a game and is certainly not gonna make any return on the investment. On top of that he can just quit or transfer and the money is gone.

Just call it what it is...pay for play.

On one hand, I don’t blame Tyrin, get what you can get. On the other, shouldn’t the coaches take the blame on this one?

First, he tried to transfer from UTEP and didn’t like what was out there, so Dimel let him back. Played the year, then portaled again to A&M. “School credit issues” and then Dimel lets him come back a 2nd time. What an idiot.

Then he quits after 4 games, how convenient. I am cool with Dimel letting him back the first time, but why the second time? Why never address it or call him out? Why would the coaching staff at Cincinnati actually want him on the team?

I don’t fault any of these guys for getting paid. Especially if they came from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
In Cincinnati's case, it is relatively low risk to bring in a guy like Smith. A $50K payout is small potatoes to take a chance on a guy who can be a playmaker.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT