ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Stull

Dumpster fire doesn't begin to describe UTEP Athletics when Bob took over.

Dumpster fire doesn't begin to describe UTEP Athletics when Bob took over.

I had a family member who was part of the Stull cleansing when he took over. It. Was. Painful.

The old timers took their money and said "Vaya con Dios". Teich was the only one to come out of the ordeal smelling like a rose with a brand new contract after it was declared no one was safe. The new contract announcement for him was stunning. Especially given the way Haskins was forced to retire.

It's real simple though given the public and position Stull was in. Go shake some hands, kiss some babies, drink a round with some locals every now and then. It does f'en wonders. Dubya came into El Paso, had some tamales, kissed a baby and threw some "Awe schucks" Texas confab and El Paso went red his first presidential election cycle. It's simple. It's proven. It's time tested. It works (most of the time). But no, what does Stull do? Goes on Kap's show and says "that's not what the boosters tell me" [facepalm].

The dumpster fire is multi intra departmental problem. Whoever the next AD is, they have some serious pavement to pound with the community and frequent flier miles to use.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
He sure got choked up at the press conference. Kind of awkward.
I don't doubt that he loves it here and his job. It is bittersweet leaving something you love. When I retired, I got choked up even though I hated my bosses with a passion.

Brad Taylor is my pick too. It's not going to happen but if we're going to continue to lose you may as well entertain the hell out of me. Taylor will do just that.

Retro Diablos Wednesday > Paydirt Pete Sticker on Helmet and Call It Retro

And of course Stull did great things! He had 20 effin' years to do it!

21b.jpg

Reactions: sportsfan5000
Im sure there's more to running a Division 1 Athletics Program than fan giveaways and retro nights. They are on par with GMs of teams, they hire and fire coaches, and on top of that hey need to deal with NCAA compliance and fundraising. Big step up in responsibility.

Reactions: miner661
Brad Taylor is my pick too. It's not going to happen but if we're going to continue to lose you may as well entertain the hell out of me. Taylor will do just that.

Retro Diablos Wednesday > Paydirt Pete Sticker on Helmet and Call It Retro

And of course Stull did great things! He had 20 effin' years to do it!

21b.jpg

Roy "Big"wood's head must be exploding since somebody else agreed with me. He must feel so "big" being a keyboard warrior.

The Chihuahuas and UTEP sporting events don't really overlap, so it could even be possible to do both jobs. It would never happen, but it is a nice thought.

I have no idea what any of that even means, but thanks??? LOL!!!
I think he's calling you a little b....

In all seriousness, EP really is a good place to live when your farting dust. -10 degree weather sucks when your old and we dont get that here.

I think he's calling you a little b....

In all seriousness, EP really is a good place to live when your farting dust. -10 degree weather sucks when your old and we dont get that here.

Well thanks for the compliment Mr. "Big"wood. You must feel really mighty. :D

Honestly, a board moderator shouldn't be encouraging posters to derail threads.
For the record, I didn't request to be a mod, it's just a label someone put on my account without my knowing, I don't have anything to do with this board management wise.

I'm just a regular fan bringing humor, and legit info to the party bud..

I'm just a regular poster/fan but sportsfan )chihuahua) is an idiot/troll that needs to be banned for the 7000th time. I guess someone wants to allow his stupidity to continue, I will leave....AGAIN...

ciao homies....

Keep the comments coming because you immature people are just looking sillier.

If you don't agree with me that's perfectly fine, but you don't look smart when you call somebody gay or stupid for having a different opinion. Even sillier when others on here have the same thoughts as me and you still throw a fit and cry.

latest

After Sportsfan5000 gets the boot from the message board...... again......

I'm laughing because I didn't realize I was so intimidating that two people have to actually leave a message board because they can't handle reading opinions that they don't agree with.

I don't think that's quite it.

I agree and I don't think I'm intimidating at all. I was just saying that in jest. I'm actually a pretty nice person, but I just find it funny that some people have to announce that they are leaving the board. If you want to leave and can't handle reading other people's opinions then leave and don't seek attention.

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, Stull said during his retirement press conference that substantial money has been raised for the Sun Bowl upgrade project and that an announcement could come this fall. Anyone have any details on what the project entails?

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, Stull said during his retirement press conference that substantial money has been raised for the Sun Bowl upgrade project and that an announcement could come this fall. Anyone have any details on what the project entails?

My guess is luxury suites, but I hope it includes repairing the crumbling infrastructure.

Reactions: sportsfan5000
He mentioned it now possibly being done in two phases. Not exactly sure what that means, but maybe they have raised half of the money and will announce half of the project now as he retires(maybe the south end portion). Then the other half(Press Box renovation) will be done later under the new AD. Just speculating why they might be adjusting it to "two phases".

I would assume phase one has to be repairing the concrete. Im sure it would not be a slam dunk to raise the funds for phase two any time soon, so it wouldn't make sense to put structural upgrades on the back burner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT