ADVERTISEMENT

BSU vs UTEP

Our win against NMSU is looking better. They crushed Hawaii last night
Not really. NMSU beat a Hawaii team whose only win is against a 1-3 FCS team. And that was a fairly close game. Hawaii lost by 19 (?) to NMSU, and their next “closest” loss is by 31. It’s a toss up between Hawaii and FIU as to who the worst FBS team is this year.

I haven't had a chance, to chime in. My phone logged out of digs and I forgot my password! First off, hats off to the team for playing a fantastic game, I can't remember the last time, I shout with joy and really was into the game, like I was Friday night. It was so much fun, to see UTEP really put an ass whooping on Boise St. Living in the PNW for 8 years, some of the BSU fans, acted like their shit didn't stink. I am and have been on the "fire Dimel" train... I just don't see him being consistent, and he is probably too stubborn for his own good. At the same time, I felt like Friday, could really be an eye-opener for who "UTEP" really is. Hardison, looked pretty good with the RPO, and short(er) passes. 10-11, and lone miss, he was hit on the elbow. He really played a fantastic game. If they can continue to game-plan with a balanced attack, they might be able to get 6 wins... I fear, UTEP will regress and go back to slinging it against Charlotte... At least, for 1 week, it's been real fun and the high was fantastic... Oh and the defense, has some players, and some young ones at that... Hankins, really stepped in, while Awatt was injured, but the RB "duo" was good to see as well. What can be said about Mr. Flores? He gets it done, where needed! The team, IMO said a big "FU" to all the shit talkers on twitter this week, nicely done Miners! :)

Would you rather have beat UNT & UNM but lost to Boise or have beat Boise but lost to UNT and UNM?

The former. Then we'd be 3-2 rather than 2-3.

Exactly. I mean, the 1985 upset over BYU was cool but it was just an aberration. It was UTEP's only win that year.

I'm not putting this win over Boise State at the same level of coolness since BYU was the defending national champs and ranked and all but the win over BSU could end up being an aberration like the BYU win. I'd trade the losses to UNT and UNM for the win over BSU.

Bit of an overreaction by Boise St. I mean they gave us no credit for playing what was essentially a perfect game on offense and defense. Still, I'm disappointed that the goal posts didn't go over the side.

"UTEP fans didn’t rush the field following a stunning 27-10 upset of Boise State on Friday night at Sun Bowl Stadium in El Paso, Texas.

And that may have said it all about the current state of Boise State’s program. " https://www.bronconationnews.com/st...-broncos-suffer-ugly-27-10-road-loss-at-utep/

Bit of an overreaction by Boise St. I mean they gave us no credit for playing what was essentially a perfect game on offense and defense. Still, I'm disappointed that the goal posts didn't go over the side.

"UTEP fans didn’t rush the field following a stunning 27-10 upset of Boise State on Friday night at Sun Bowl Stadium in El Paso, Texas.

And that may have said it all about the current state of Boise State’s program. " https://www.bronconationnews.com/st...-broncos-suffer-ugly-27-10-road-loss-at-utep/
I hope by now people realize tearing down goal posts are lame.
UTEP played great, but this wasn’t a win or a top 5 team. Maybe not even a good team.

The last time the goalposts were torn down there were at least two lawsuits from fans who were injured. After that UTEP upped security and it never happened again.

It was kind of a dumb celebration anyway.

I like the way things happened. It's nice to finally win a game no one expected us to. The usual "lose the big game" has become our perpetual torture.

Now we have a new outlook on the season and everything is still on the table.

I hope by now people realize tearing down goal posts are lame.
UTEP played great, but this wasn’t a win or a top 5 team. Maybe not even a good team.
Well that didn't happen and no one even rushed the field so I guess Miner fans obviously knew it was a good win, but just a win!

A few students attempted a field rush but there weren't enough to make an impact. Three people did get on the field. Two were sent back by security. The third refused to leave then was sort of forgotten

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Regardless of how Boise St. finishes the season this was a great win for this team. Every other UTEP team would have accepted their fate after a 1-3 start and they would have folded like a cheap suit regardless of the opponent and these guys managed to buck the trend. I don’t care how bad Boise St. is at the moment, this was an upset given the past 40+ years of ineptitude within the UTEP football program.

Now with that being said, I want to reiterate this team could absolutely bomb next week. I don’t know what to expect.

'That's a lot of controversy': UTEP's football victory causes chaos at Boise State​

Bret Bloomquist
El Paso Times

Losing to UTEP was close to the end of the world at Boise State, at least judging by the fallout.

First, second-year offensive coordinator Tim Plough was fired and replaced by former UTEP offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter on Saturday, the day after the game. Koetter was also formerly head coach at Boise and with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL. He was hired to be an offensive analyst at Boise this year, essentially on call as it turns out if something went wrong.

He was at UTEP under coach Bob Stull from 1986-88.

Then senior quarterback Hank Bachmeier entered the transfer portal, still able to claim a redshirt this year because he only played in four games.

That's what a loss to UTEP meant to Boise.

"I don't know if it was our win as much as just the pressure cooker of that program," Dimel said. "I saw an interview with the OC a week before the game, he said his wife couldn't go to the grocery story because of people saying stuff to her. That's before our game, they were 2-1. That's a weird place."

As for the quarterback leaving at the same time, "That's a lot of controversy," Dimel acknowledged.

UTEP football team preparing for Hurricane Ian

The UTEP football team is preparing for the worst when it plays in Charlotte on Saturday evening and in this case the worst is ominous.

Projections have the remnants of Hurricane Ian reaching Charlotte by Saturday morning, and while absent lightning it is not projected to remain powerful enough to wipe out the UTEP-Charlotte game, it could present problems for offenses.

There is essentially a 100 percent chance of rain during the game and UTEP is getting ready for that.

"We practiced with wet balls out here, we had the bucket, dipping the balls in the bucket and trying to throw, catch and handoff wet footballs on the offensive side of the ball," Dimel said. "We'll have to react to what happens, we're expecting rain.

"It's going to be important to get out Friday, if it's started raining we can test the turf a little bit, though it might not start until Saturday. We have to make sure we have good footing and we work on playing with wet balls through the week."

An adjustment to another kickoff time is not projected at the moment and Dimel said the day of the game is set. UTEP arrives in Charlotte on Friday.

I think Koetter messing with the rotation to see what worked gave SDSU fits and it did not appear by design from Koetter because the announcers seemed unsure. I think Brady Hoke had a massive headache when it was all over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT