ADVERTISEMENT

Cabs Are Here!

That is not bad at all. Drake Bell is also performing. From the Khalid thread, it’s quite obvious these two will probably not appeal to the Digs regulars but it’s actially a pretty good line up for a free show.

Last edited:
I didn't know the spikey haired douche was an actual DJ LOL

You're right Binks, not appealing at all at least to me, let the players rap and entertain the crowd, shouldn't be about the athletic teams and not this trio of douche baggery? Oh well, at least UTEP is trying to appeal to a different demographic so can't complain too much, we need more millennial fans hope UTEP can put on a good show for casual fans that come back for the season opener.

Serious and bigger question, will there actually be 25k-30k for MinerPalozza, or is that the TV media in El Paso continued shaft stroking of the new AD?

I didn't know the spikey haired douche was an actual DJ LOL

You're right Binks, not appealing at all at least to me, let the players rap and entertain the crowd, shouldn't be about the athletic teams and not this trio of douche baggery? Oh well, at least UTEP is trying to appeal to a different demographic so can't complain too much, we need more millennial fans hope UTEP can put on a good show for casual fans that come back for the season opener.

Serious and bigger question, will there actually be 25k-30k for MinerPalozza, or is that the TV media in El Paso continued shaft stroking of the new AD?
Yea dude it gets wild. It’s hard to tell how many people are actually there cuz it’s a big block party. The ones I’ve attended have always had huge crowds. IMO 20k is the minimum that show up every year.

Miner Polozza, I’ll leave it for the kids. It’s their party. I’m just ready for a game.

I remember the first Minerpalooza and back then we thought it was so huge. Compared to today it wasn't much bigger than the old bonfire that we used to have in the parking lot on Sun Bowl before homecoming. Today it's the entire parking lot from the Sun Bowl to Memorial Gym. It's almost 30 years old so something is going right.

Yea dude it gets wild. It’s hard to tell how many people are actually there cuz it’s a big block party. The ones I’ve attended have always had huge crowds. IMO 20k is the minimum that show up every year.
That’s pretty cool never really tapped into Minerpalooza before. Like dman says I’m ready for game day.

Watching Jimmy Fallon and The Roots were playing and Quest ends by singing ‘915 El Paso.’ I don’t watch the show normally so I don’t know if he sings area codes but it was cool.

Watching Jimmy Fallon and The Roots were playing and Quest ends by singing ‘915 El Paso.’ I don’t watch the show normally so I don’t know if he sings area codes but it was cool.

If it was after the monologue it is something they do regularly. They either do the episode number or an area code and city of an affiliate.

Shouldn't we have Miner Palooza for the first home game of the season? Then march the kids into the stadium whether they like it or not? Or have Miner Palooza at every home game.

no, because it would wipe out two entire parking lots every home game. It'd be expensive and difficult to keep booking musical acts. This year Minerpalooza is on Friday July 31st. The first home football game is on Saturday August 1st which is the next day

Why not have minerpalooza every home game day. Or the night before the game??

Just dont hire a celeb DJ. What there is like 5 home games?? Here in ASU they always have like big pregame events. Im sure utep can find some sponsors.

That'd be cool in theory, but we're talking a lot of money and resources. No way is this happening anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT