ADVERTISEMENT

So, are we 5th-seed?

The number to CUSA headquarters is (214) 774-1300. I'm sure they would love to discuss the matter with you. They open Monday at 8:00am.
Alabama seems to be a pretty good centralized location for the conference, except for UTEP and NMSU. But who really cares about those two schools? 🤡

Alabama seems to be a pretty good centralized location for the conference, except for UTEP and NMSU. But who really cares about those two schools? 🤡

Any idea what other cities placed bids?? Also why would a city that doesn't have a school in CUSa be placing bids? The tournament should be in a major city or beach city/town. Now that Kennesaw State is in the conference. My vote would be for Atlanta.

Screenshot-20240310-074600-Acrobat-for-Samsung.jpg

Any idea what other cities placed bids?? Also why would a city that doesn't have a school in CUSa be placing bids? The tournament should be in a major city or beach city/town. Now that Kennesaw State is in the conference. My vote would be for Atlanta.
You're complaining that cities without a team in CUSA are placing bids for the event, and then suggest Atlanta, a city without a team in CUSA be a host?

You're complaining that cities without a team in CUSA are placing bids for the event, and then suggest Atlanta, a city without a team in CUSA be a host?
Um Kennesaw State is in Atlanta. Do you know how to use google maps??

In Filis defense, CUSA used UNT as the Dallas team, even though they’re further to Dallas than Kennesaw is to Atlanta.

Reactions: Prospero915
I would like tournament to be in a big city or near a beach . You know a vacation spot. I don't know what's there to do in Huntsville.
I know a lot of awesome vacation spots, but they didn't bid. Frisco/Dallas- no team in CUSA, Atlanta- no team in CUSA, Huntsville, AL- no team in CSUA. Who cares? Just be glad some place with a regional connection to a team has, such as Frisco/Dallas- UNT (previously), and Huntsville, AL- Jacksonville State (currently). Sure, it would be great for big city or beach city to host, but quite frankly, no one else outside of the CUSA area cares a rat's ass about our league's horrible basketball.

Reactions: minerfan_14
We all know you ain't making the tournament regardless

It doesn't matter if I would go. But it would be fun for the players and a good recruiting tool for the coaches. I could just imagine Golding , talking to a recruit and having to explain to them where is Huntsville, Alabama. Oh well it is what it is. CUSA will be there again next year.

I know a lot of awesome vacation spots, but they didn't bid. Frisco/Dallas- no team in CUSA, Atlanta- no team in CUSA, Huntsville, AL- no team in CSUA. Who cares? Just be glad some place with a regional connection to a team has, such as Frisco/Dallas- UNT (previously), and Huntsville, AL- Jacksonville State (currently). Sure, it would be great for big city or beach city to host, but quite frankly, no one else outside of the CUSA area cares a rat's ass about our league's horrible basketball.

Maybe now that Delaware is in the conference. One of those beach towns will place bids?? Atlantic City would be cool. Something near Liberty and Delaware would be good.

It doesn't matter if I would go. But it would be fun for the players and a good recruiting tool for the coaches. I could just imagine Golding , talking to a recruit and having to explain to them where is Huntsville, Alabama. Oh well it is what it is. CUSA will be there again next year.
"Hey recruit, we will only be there a day or two, but we get to be in Atlanta for the conference tournament!"

With MTSU in the conference, I would vote for Nashville! Even though they’re not in Nashville, close enough. Nashville is an amazing city, good airport, and a TON of things to do!! I would actually travel to that destination and use the tourney as an excuse.

Making the conference tournament isn't that difficult. Everyone makes it
I'm talking about locations/vacation. Things to do while fans/ players are there. You made fun about recruiting pitch only being at conference tournament for a few days. In bowl games teams are only there for a few days. Bowl games and Conference tournaments are not just for the players. You want to attract fans and get fans to spend money.

With MTSU in the conference, I would vote for Nashville! Even though they’re not in Nashville, close enough. Nashville is an amazing city, good airport, and a TON of things to do!! I would actually travel to that destination and use the tourney as an excuse.
El Paso will always be home, but living in Nashville is awesome! I love it here and there is always something to do or see, almost daily. I live in Brentwood (just south of Nashville) and the quality of life cannot be beat.

GO MINERS!

I don't usually side with Fili, but yeah Kennesaw is a suburb of Atlanta and therefore Atlanta Area. I live 25 min from Frisco which is simply a suburb of Dallas. I'm not sure where you're from or if you've just lived in El Paso, but that's how it works. DFW has a whole bunch of suburbs all considered DFW Metropolitan area all within 45 min of downtown Dallas. Atlanta is huge and it's the same thing. Even when considering TV Markets that's how it works. So yes when Kennesaw St. joins CUSA will 100% have an Atlanta area team.

I don't usually side with Fili, but yeah Kennesaw is a suburb of Atlanta and therefore Atlanta Area. I live 25 min from Frisco which is simply a suburb of Dallas. I'm not sure where you're from or if you've just lived in El Paso, but that's how it works. DFW has a whole bunch of suburbs all considered DFW Metropolitan area all within 45 min of downtown Dallas. Atlanta is huge and it's the same thing. Even when considering TV Markets that's how it works. So yes when Kennesaw St. joins CUSA will 100% have an Atlanta area team.
I have a loved one who worked in Dallas for years. They still remember when Frisco was farm land.

• Wow
Reactions: shyminer81
I get it. I have lived in Fort Worth since 1986, so I'm well aware the DFW area dynamic. However, that's not the point I was making with him, and if you haven't read the entire post you wouldn't know this. Fili wanted to know why a city without a team in CUSA would host the tournament, and my point was that has already been the case. Frisco doesn't have a team in CUSA, and Huntsville, Alabama, does not have a team in CUSA, but due to their geographic proximity, they are considered hosts cities for those schools. So obviously, there are no requirements for a school's city to host the tournament. If that were the case it would have been in Denton or Jacksonville, Alabama. I think we're arguing the same point.

I hadn’t noticed but if we beat Liberty it looks like we get a rested SHSU. A top 2 finish was key this season to be in the best position to win the conference tournament.

Reactions: minerfan_14
I hadn’t noticed but if we beat Liberty it looks like we get a rested SHSU. A top 2 finish was key this season to be in the best position to win the conference tournament.
Not sure one day will matter much, especially when a lot has to do with momentum. When it really effects the teams I think is the 3rd game in a row. In that way it definitely benefits the teams who are getting Thursday off. If we can beat Liberty, I actually like facing a team that barely beat us 2 times and we see them for a 3rd. I don't currently have faith though unless we get to the Championship game, then I'll let myself believe lol

It is a different format, one I haven’t seen another conference do. You’d think having a day of rest would be beneficial. However, crazy things can and usually do happen in these conference tournaments.

In Filis defense, CUSA used UNT as the Dallas team, even though they’re further to Dallas than Kennesaw is to Atlanta.
Wonder how much? KSU has several satellite campuses all over. (Just a silly question)

It is a different format, one I haven’t seen another conference do. You’d think having a day of rest would be beneficial. However, crazy things can and usually do happen in these conference tournaments.
It was definitely designed to favor the top 2 teams. Instead of having to win 3 games in 3 days it’s 3 games in 4 days. While I agree that sometimes the resting team gets caught off guard by the team with the momentum, that’s not necessarily an advantage for the lower seeded teams. I’m curious to see how it affects the teams. But realistically I don’t think we’ll get to experience that advantage or disadvantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT